I need a fork, spork etc...

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Another vote for the TAD Gear Ti Folding Spork. :drool:

tadgearfoldingtitaniumspork1.jpg

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
How 'bout the polycarbonate/Lexan utensils that they have at REI
http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...8000&productId=422&parent_category_rn=5777365 for $2.25 per setting. Or you can get a complete 4 place setting (16 pieces) from Wal*Mart for a little over $5.

KDOG3 said:
Today at work, I got caught with out a spoon or fork. I had to use a couple of straws as a spoon. Messy but worked. However, I really don't want to get caught like that again! Can someone suggest a spork or something like that?

Lincoln

Newly Enlightened
All of Snow Peak's titanium is extracted in Japan. Their knife, fork & spoon sets are manufactured in Japan, so I assume they are well made.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Snow Peak makes a pair of chop sticks that you can break down and store in a pouch and hang it around your neck. I got a set but never used them because I remember to get a fork or spoon when I order take out.

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
I have the snow peak spork, got it in August & it's still in the bag. One of these days I'll get around to taking it to work & using it.

I always have a few of the wrapped untensil sets (knife, fork, maybe spoon, salt & pepper, napkin & wetnap) plus a bunch of individually wrapped plastic forks in my filing cabinet at work. Never know when you will need one. We have utensils, plates & bowls etc. at work and a dishwasher but I'll be damn if I'm going anywhere near that stuff, I'd eat with my hands or go without first (shudder...).

ryball

Newly Enlightened
pedalinbob said:
Fun thread.

There is one called the "Light My Fire" spork from REI. Cost is $3, and it has a spoon on one end, a fork on the other. The fork has a kind of serrated knife edge. It is plastic.

I agree. This one is the best. I have a snowpeak ti spork and the forks are too small. I don't ever use it. This one from Light My Fire is an actual fork, an actual spoon and a servicable knife. My three year old chewed on hers like crazy at camping this year, and it barely showed a single tooth mark.

726527.jpg

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I just got one of those sporks from TAD Gear. It is an excellent utensil to carry with you when you are caught without a fork/spoon and getting ready to eat. Highly recommended.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you go ti, I would recomend the polished Ti fork and spoon like the ones from REI. They "taste" better than the bead blasted ones like snowpeak or MSR. I am totally serious about this. There is a certain mouthfeel that is weird on the bead blasted ones.

Or better yet support a CPF favorite and go for Ti set form Berkely point, get some mini clips while you are there (I haven't tasted these):
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/titanium/tiware.html