I think I just found a grave in my yard...! {w/PICs}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I think I just found a grave in my yard...!

There is an abandoned pumphouse on your property with a locked door?? That would have been the first thing I opened on possesion of the house.
The cave thing sounds interesting too.. More so as to why it is covered in, if that was indeed the cave..
I just can't fathom having a locked door on my property that I haven't seen inside of..
The anticipation is killing me here.. :)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pydpiper said:
There is an abandoned pumphouse on your property with a locked door?? That would have been the first thing I opened on possesion of the house.
The cave thing sounds interesting too.. More so as to why it is covered in, if that was indeed the cave..
I just can't fathom having a locked door on my property that I haven't seen inside of..
The anticipation is killing me here.. :)

Part of the problem is that of the couple of times I've been to the pumphouse, the stairs leading down were flooded. I haven't been out there in around a year or so. Jeez, now I'm getting curious myself...!

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the pumphouse has a wood door and the stairway is flooded, there is a good chance the room is flooded too..
Bring boots..
If the pump is still there it is probally an old piston pump. A very valuable piston pump.
Is there ventalation anywhere above ground?
Bring your camera on your next visit.. Please.. :)

Arkayne

Enlightened

Posting in what's soon to be a lengendary thread.

I can't wait to see how this unfolds!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like lots of great adventures for your flashlights right on your property! :)

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm with the other guys, I wouldn't be able to leave that stuff alone for a minute. When I've moved into a new house, or am helping someone else I usually spend some time poking around the joists in the basement. Never know what'll turn up. A lockeded, abandoned building on property I own? I would have jumped out of the moving van with a prybar, a sledgehammer, and a chainsaw. :)

You need to gear up for an expidition. Might be dark down there, so bring flashlights. :) And take pics, lots of pics.

If you ever change your mind about meeting the mystery tennant, I'll come with shovels.

pathalogical

Enlightened

How far away from the house is the grave ? Have you checked the immediate area for any other markers ? Have you checked your white pages ? Does that same last name appear in it ? How old is your house, was it there is 1911 ? I think back in the old days, it was common for the homeowner to be buried on his property, especially in small towns where there may not have been any cemeteries nearby. I agree, do not disturb the site. Sounds like you have alot of research to do. It may cost some money to do some kind of land/title search. If there really is a person there, exhuming it will probably involve contacting living family members (if any), you may even need to contact a lawyer for legal advice. Judging by the date, it sounds like it is someones great-grandparent. Keep us posted, this is very interesting.

LaserFreak

Enlightened

Wow...this is very interesting.

I would imagine, though, if the stairwell to this locked door is flooded, then perhaps whatever is behind the locked door is flooded or maybe even under water?

I agree with everyone else though....let's have some pics!!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

You mean China hasn't gotten into that business after they harvest the organs from the political prisoners they execute? I'm sure the Chinese government will be very appreciative of your bringing this grave economic oversight to their attention. ;)

And I think India figured out that shipping the bodies out alive and kicking (preferably from places like IIT) did more in returning a contribution to their domestic economy.

ABTOMAT said:
C'mon, do you have any idea how expensive human skeletons have gotten since India stopped exporting them? :devil:

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is gettin better and better, If your going to go pry open that door do it at midnight and with lots of lights and a camera, maybe some recording device too, have u seen the movie white noise? he he he

Maybe a flashlight gettoegether at your home is in order! Bring metal detector and shovels, Too bad I live far away. LOL

Keep us informed as to what you find.

AlexGT

Monolith

Enlightened

I've just called "TAPS." They should be there in about 3 hours with their gear.....:)

dfred

Enlightened

Phaserburn said:
[...]
There is also a pumphouse off in the woods by itself that is built into the ground with stone stairs leading down to a sealed wood door that is locked. I've never been inside. It used to supply water from a well to the residents in the area; now each has there own well, as do I. It hasn't been open in at least 60 years. I have no idea, other than a well, what is inside this structure or how deep/large it is inside, underground.

Welcome to Adventure!!

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and
down a gully.
s

You are in a valley in the forest beside a stream tumbling along a
rocky bed.
s

At your feet all the water of the stream splashes into a 2-inch slit
in the rock. Downstream the streambed is bare rock.
s

You are in a 20-foot depression floored with bare dirt. Set into the
dirt is a strong steel grate mounted in concrete. A dry streambed
leads into the depression.

The grate is locked.

:rock:

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very intresting thread, and I'll be following along with it.

Phaserburn said:
Ok, a pic may be possible. I tend to get home when it's dark, though.

We might have to take your flashaholic badge for that excuse :D

Blindspot

Newly Enlightened

Hey Phaser, your place sounds interesting. I'm house hunting in your area. Maybe now is a good time for you to sell! Especially with the haunting and all.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kind of makes you wonder why the pumphouse door is "LOCKED!" what were they tring to keep in.........:aaa:

blue_ghost_2.gif

Later
Kelly

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic

gadget_lover said:
Right Thread. Phaserburn asked in the first post if he had recourse due to non-disclosure by the seller.

Some people may pay more for the exotic feature. How many folks have a body in their back yard? Wait. I don't want to know.

Daniel
Oh man... I'd totally forgotten about the first post! Oops. Shows why "quotations" are your friend!

Danny62381

Newly Enlightened

VERY VERY Interesting, I've saved thisthread to my favorites......but WE NEED PICS

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fascinating discovery, Phaserburn.

Thanks your telling of this adventure. The history of your area and property is rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.