I think I know what Apple is going to do!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Apples earbuds don't fit my ears so I can not buy the buttonless stick shuffle.

The buds I recommend are these Sonys, available for a whole $3.75 on Amazon; they're far superior to the stock Apple set, and have audio quality that's indistinguishable from the old over-the-head compact headphones from a decade ago. They come with foam covers that make them fit even very large ears.

And I do hope they eventually return to the widescreen format with video playback, that'd be pretty awesome to walk down the street with your favorite movie playing on your lapel..

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with the tie-clip style shuffle is the volume control is on the earbud wiring forcing the users to use Apple's earbuds or in-ear phones ($99USD) that has the control buttons built in.

My problem is too small ear canals not too big. I am using G-Cube in-ear phones. Sound quality depends on how well the ear gels seals against the ear. I got the small gel on the left side and the medium gel on the right side.

Did try a couple of bagfuls of assorted phones from DX.
Some have a shorter wire on the left side allowing excess wire to hang down the left side instead of bouncing on the tummy.
Others have a loop just behind the plug so the phone can be hung up when not in use. No more tangled wires.
They come with one size ear gels and often very small ones. I did mention I already have small ear canals.
Some styles does not work for me.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The problem with the tie-clip style shuffle is the volume control is on the earbud wiring forcing the users to use Apple's earbuds

Ah, you're right, forgot about that.

And I'm not a fan of the in-ear phones, they're tricky to work with and cut off exterior noise completely, which means you can't listen to music in any situation where you need to be aware of your environment. Buds are completely transparent but still well above-average sound quality-wise, and the price is nice..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
March 7th:

appleinvitation.jpg

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Huge Foxconn production facility in Wisconsin is a done deal

.. 8k & 5G tech / medical applications / 1000 acres /
$10,000,000,000 investment
tens of thousands of jobs directly & indirectly

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
iPod Shuffle and Nano have been discontinued as of today. The iPod Touch is now the only dedicated music player Apple sells, unless you count the [1 playlist, 2GB/250 track max] Watch.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
iPod Shuffle and Nano have been discontinued as of today. The iPod Touch is now the only dedicated music player Apple sells, unless you count the [1 playlist, 2GB/250 track max] Watch.

Getting hard to find good media players that aren't just stripped cell phones...
Something to be said for a dedicated media player designed for music playback without all the other crap, and that died with the iPod Classic.

Strintguy

Enlightened
StarHalo, thanks for,the heads-up, I was able to buy one of the last shuffle and nano the store had. I love the small off-the-grid players.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Getting hard to find good media players that aren't just stripped cell phones...
Something to be said for a dedicated media player designed for music playback without all the other crap, and that died with the iPod Classic.

Very true for car use - connecting a phone via cable means now navigator audio mutes the audio, who knows what happens if someone calls, etc, whereas a media device is just a drive full of music.

Lots of iPod Classics over on eBay, but be aware that because of the movie Baby Driver, demand and prices are quite a bit higher than usual right now.

SdQ07tz.gif

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
iPhone X not only recognizes you by your face, but has animated emojis that follow your facial expressions, which you can then send in a message..
ZW8k8B5.gif