Icon Rogue 1 - First Look Now with Pics!

T45

Enlightened
Just bought my second Rogue 2 and there are 2 exterior aspects that have been changed. The most noticeable of the 2 is there are now 3 shallow scallops behind the bezel, at the top of the body, offset from the machined flats. I don't care for that and will be looking to get an original version. The other aspect changed is the groove on the bezel has been changed from a semi circular groove to a more angled type, like what you see on the type 2 Surefire M3 bezel. Not much of a difference to me, but I definitely liked the styling of original model more. All other aspects are the same. Icon no longer ships the Icon with a lanyard. A pity since that lanyard was a great design. I have had no luck in trying to find out where the clip for the lanyard was made. That clip alone would be a profitable item if it was placed for sale.

I have seen the Icon Rogues, 1 & 2, at really great prices lately. I wish they would come with glass lenses and a better reflector, but that would more likely raise their price. As noted previously, they make great gifts for friends and family. If you know someone with one of those cheap plastic D cell incan lights that are more likely to fall apart than anything else, get them a Icon Rogue. It's Easy to use, easy UI to understand and powered be readily available and cheap AAs.