I'm Flashaholically dead.....

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an experiment for you, put every single light you got in a box and tape it shut, mark the date and time on the box, see how many days can you resist tearing open the box to get your lights.

Or better yet, have a relative store them for you like for a month and start sending you the lights one by one each week, you will be very happy every week the postman arrives.

Change all the lights you got for new ones, PM first the list ok? LOL!

HTH
AlexGT

Solomon MK2

Newly Enlightened
Mags said:
I really hate admitting it to you guys and myself, but I think that I am now flashaholically dead. QUOTE]

No such thing, my friend. :grin2:

I think the flashaholic spirit still lurks within...

In all honesty though, with the lack of new lights/ technology hitting the market, things have been a little slow lately.

sniper

Enlightened
Mags said:
I really hate admitting it to you guys and myself, but I think that I am now flashaholically dead. :D. I still use my lights, and I always will, but I wont have the passion for more of them and more knowledge of them. Ill try being here a lot though, because I still owe alot to this community.

Ahhh...Mags, we barely knew ya! Life goes on, priorities change, some things are not as important as they once seemed to be. The memories are what's important.

You WIll remember, though, when the clouds hide the moon and the wind rustles the grass beyond the campfire's spill. You will reach for your EDC, and be comforted. Trust me, I know these things.

Dormant, perhaps, but not dead.

Another little Jackie Paper! How sad...but not really. Have a good life! :)

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm kind of more laid back lately, but only because some recent purchases have given the buying thing a good scratch, so now it takes something (in my case some REALLY good sale prices) more special to get my interest up. I did pop for one of 4seven's $30. L1Ps - that was special. Not long ago, I would have popped for 2 or 3.

I still play with mine and attend this forum regularly because you all are a good bunch of (mostly) guys, but it's getting harder to consier buying things.

Now watch, tomorrow there will be another sale...:naughty:

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags, i know EXACTLY how you feel - right now i feel the same way. I'm guessing that's because we're roughly the same age (me 13, you 12-ish ;) )

School can be pretty hard, can't it? so much homework...... (actually im kinda lucky - i manage to do most of my homework during classtime by getting stuff done quickly :) )

Hmm, you're birthday is approaching soon isn't it? if you ask for (or seriously think about asking for) at least one light (even if it isn't a very expensive one or a major present) then that shows that while schoolwork is pushing it back, the flashaholic spirit lingers on!

Or maybe i'm getting all philosopher-y again....i really have to stop doing that.

--neg

Last edited:

Mark2

Enlightened
Mags, this is normal and the way things go for most flashaholics. Ever wondered about all those post from "new" people here at CPF? Well, the missing posts of the "old" people are just harder to notice. If it's just a hobby and doesn't become some kind of business, then I'd say 2-3 years is already a long period, many leave before that. However, new people keep coming and with all the "uneducated" out there, this won't change anytime soon! :)

nethiker

Enlightened
Glad to hear your interests are changing. That's what life's all about. You're too young to get stuck in a rut. Grow, explore, discover new passions. That's not to say you can't check in to say hi every now and then. Let us know what new joys you have found.

Cheer up. Even if the flashaholism is dead, there's always the resurrection to look forward to. Share that one with your father for me. :)

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys I am still gonna be here for as long as possible, although the new and expected lights still dont bring me back the way I was before.

Neg, I was 12 last year :nana: wadda ya think you keep aging and I stay in neverland?

Latest posts