Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time no posts... solved! :D

j4U4Ag1.jpg

5kWMjMM.jpg

LOudzJQ.jpg

Pablo

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am more into practical side of knives. For example, my KA-BAR is not leather, but polymer handle. When it comes to application, I don't like to bother if nice item would be damaged by moisture, sand or dirt. Just yesterday while mushroom "hunting" managed to drive into "quick sand" and had to use it for wood cutting. Worked well. Helped to avoid a thought that I may damage a knife.

But there was another thought: a good axe is a necessity :)

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some knives will be used, and some knives are for show. You have to make up your mind as to whether or not you want to use it or put it in the showcase.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Pablo.
What did you use for handles on the two sets above? Micarta and stag?
And what do you use for the hilts? Have you ever thought about experimenting with brass for the hilt?

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Pablo.
And what do you use for the hilts? Have you ever thought about experimenting with brass for the hilt?

I guess brass is no good in case a knife will contact with food.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I didn't know that. I have several knives with brass hilts. The color added to the knives is very stunning.
Thanks for letting me know.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Pablo.

The knife handle is stag, the fork paper ivory micarta.

I don't use brass because over time it gets dark and unshiny, I know some like precisely this, but I don't, at least on knives. If you recall I made many brass flashlights. Copper is a PITA to work with, used it in a handle for showing just a line between woods, but not as a bolster or hilt. I'm not concerned with food contamination as brass is used for bolsters since ages, copper is more of a recend fad.

Pablo