im no expert but duracell aa are the best

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they provide the highest startup amps and 2nd best runtime losing to energizer l91s . but the duracell give me more amps and brithness in my zebra

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive not had maybe 2 or 3 cells go bad and im 50. i think its only a issue in low drain devices

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
most likely to leak.
just cleaned duracell puke out of a fluke 87III
that customer is now getting on the eneloop bandwagon.
do you want to risk destruction of an expensive device?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
fvNAsZi.jpg

LightsOutInNorthernNY

Newly Enlightened
I only buy Duracell or Energizer and I find the D's in AA and AAA last a bit longer. That's it, that's all I got. Have a great day.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had more Duracell puke their guts out than any other batteries combined. They do however seem to last longer when they aren't destroying my equipment. Only c battery I've ever had leak was a Duracell that destroyed an expensive trail camera way back when. I haven't bought one for myself in 2 or 3 years. Have used them when available though.

hsa

Enlightened
I have had the same bad luck with Duracells as everyone else. I dropped a new D cell Maglite in the grass from waist high and it quit working. Put Ray O Vacs in it and it has been flawless for the last 6 years. I wouldn't give you a nickle for a dozen Duracells.

Reactions: xxo

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't think duracells are the best..... at leaking but they are close to the top for sure as I've had 2025 and 2023 duracell AAs leak on me and the 2023 was never used. In other words I've had almost every brand leak on me that is why I've gone to using dollar store brands when I have to use alkaleaks that way I won't feel guilty paying extra for a crummy guarantee against leaks of which for the most part it isn't worth the effort of contacting the battery maker to get restitution especially when they just send you a coupon for more of their leakalines.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
What really stinks is 20 years ago all my stuff had alkaleaks in them now about 10% or so have them right now as I cannot afford to put lithium energizers in everything especially things that drain a battery in about a year. With 1/10 as many alkaleaks in service my leakage discoveries seem to be almost as bad as they were 20 years ago about every 6 months I find something that was spewed upon and have to spend an hour cleaning up the mess and sanding and polishing contacts. If I could buy alkaline batteries with half the capacity for the same price that never leaked I would do it in a heartbeat but sadly with all the engineers out there the leakless alkaline is unobtainium.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they was 65 bucks for 144 batteries but dang id hate to lose my lights back to litium energizers for me

GadgetGeek

Newly Enlightened
I've had a flashlight ruined by leaking batteries. They were Duracell alkaline. Now I don't use any alkalines in my expensive flashlights.