Im seeking a very specific light.

Fuzzydrumkid

Newly Enlightened
All, can you help me find a light that almost exactly matches this description?

I have been searching this forum and havent found it yet.

-single aa
-led up to 200 lumens
-made in usa
-forward tail clicky
-2 or 3 modes
- ~$50 or less
-adjustable head ( more throw, some flood)
- good sturdy clip
-ready out of box
-edc in pocket
-currently available online

I bought an eagleTac dc25 but returned it. I loved the size, clip, and lumens, but it had too many modes, too floody, reverse clicky and made in china.

Does my dream edc light exist?

whill44

Enlightened
Look up these. They don't meet everything but come close. You can find them on goinggear.com.
Klarus P1A XP-G R5 AA 150 Lumen LED Flashlight or the

JetBeam BA10 R5 160 Lumen Flashlight

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck finding a decent US-made light for under $50.... :)

A Malkoff MDC AA meets all requirements except price. A Quark AA Tactical (QTA) is a little bit above budget, and is made in China, but is US-owned/operated/HQ/CS, including having a real US-style warranty and service. I have both and love 'em.

EDIT... missed the adjustable head thing - most good lights don't have this. McGizmo is one more option but waaayyyy out of budget.

Last edited:

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Short answer: No. But you could have a look at the Malkoff MDC HA 1AA.

Oops, reppans beat me to it.

Last edited:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a custom builder in the custom section that can make one for you from scratch. $$$ though

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Well, I second the McGizmo Haiku suggestion if price is no barrier... There as much fun to look at as they are to use.

Next would be the Malkoff MDC as was also said. Another member (who has both) called his MDC a "poor mans McGizmo", which is high praise indeed. (He said this because there both similar in size, and the MDC uses a McG reflector. At least I thInk that's what he told me :sssh:. Either way, he likes it a lot)

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chapman / Leonard LensLight Mini meets most of your criteria ... except battery type (CR123A) and price ($$$) :)

Lenslight does make a 2xAA if you can deal with the added length.

the hardest part here is the adjustable beam. There are very few quality lights with this feature.

Fuzzydrumkid

Newly Enlightened
ok ya'll heres the conclusion to this thread. Thanks everyone for their comments.

I bought 2 lights, the jetbeam mentioned above, and a fenix e12. In short, I love the fenix and dislike the jetbeam. the jetbeam beam is too messy with a really focused hotspot, the clip is cheap, it's too big, and the tail clicky feels cheap. the Fenix is very small, great beam pattern, plenty throwy, simple UI, and the tail clicky is quality. I am very happy with this light.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
ok ya'll heres the conclusion to this thread. Thanks everyone for their comments.

I bought 2 lights, the jetbeam mentioned above, and a fenix e12. In short, I love the fenix and dislike the jetbeam. the jetbeam beam is too messy with a really focused hotspot, the clip is cheap, it's too big, and the tail clicky feels cheap. the Fenix is very small, great beam pattern, plenty throwy, simple UI, and the tail clicky is quality. I am very happy with this light.

It's rare to see a follow-up to the 'recommend me a light' threads, thanks for the update :twothumbs. Sell the Jetbeam off on CPF Market Place to free up funds for the next purchase :devil:

Latest posts