I'm still addicted to the old Maglites

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I added LEDs, glass lenses, and aluminum reflectors to a couple of my new Mags, a vintage 4C and a new Midnight Blue 2D. The 4C is near mint, but had a couple of dings in the bezel, so I put a red one on it just for fun. I may or may not put the paracord wraps on the handles. Sometimes I like them, and sometimes I don't.

Took a few pics. Blue is always the hardest color to capture and have it look like it does in real life.

Outside on an overcast day is the best, but indoors is hard. LED room lighting really messes with the camera's white balance, and wants to put a yellowish wash over the pics. The best I could do was set the camera on white fluorescent, use a very deep depth of field, resulting in about a 12 to 14 second exposure, and painted them with my Convoy T4 w/519a - 4500K emitter.

DSC_6526nx_01.JPG

DSC_6531nx_01.JPG

P DSC_6533nx_01.JPG

Foto fun. Oops, they got too hot!😁
E DSC_6531Edit3.JPG

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I like the Midnight Blue color! :clap:
Yes, I like Midnight Blue. In fact, when they had the 40% off sale, I ordered 2 - one to modify as above, and one to keep in the box. I actually got a dark green one too. They were so ridiculously cheap, I think the whole bill only came to $61.

I don't know that they ever made C Mags in that color, but a 3C and 4C would be sweet. I did get a regular blue 3C recently to go with my blue 2C. Hope to find a red and a Vari C cell someday, but I know it's a slim hope.

DSC_6214nx_01.JPG

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where did you get the Blue 2C? I have a Blue 2C too but it's a letter serial.
My Blue 3C is brand new and looks the same as yours (pre-letter serial).

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Where did you get the Blue 2C?
The blue 2C went for sale on ebay one night a few years ago for the price of a black one by someone who didn't really know better. Maybe like $16 or $18 dollars, if I recall. I did a search and caught it just a couple of hours after it got listed, and snapped it up. Got real lucky.

The 3C was listed by a lady who listed it on an online for sale group for $40. She was willing to ship it.

Sometimes the best ones are the cheapest - right place, right time, kind of thing.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The midnight blue looks awesome! I've never seen one in that color before.

I did hear back from Maglite today, they said all the Magcharger lamps are basically the same over the years.

rrego

Enlightened
Yes, I like Midnight Blue. In fact, when they had the 40% off sale, I ordered 2 - one to modify as above, and one to keep in the box. I actually got a dark green one too. They were so ridiculously cheap, I think the whole bill only came to $61.

I don't know that they ever made C Mags in that color, but a 3C and 4C would be sweet. I did get a regular blue 3C recently to go with my blue 2C. Hope to find a red and a Vari C cell someday, but I know it's a slim hope.

View attachment 57599
Love the look of C cell Maglites 🔦

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Love the look of C cell Maglites
Yes, C cell Mags are my favorite. Roll up the right size sheet of paper for the battery tube to eliminate battery rattle, and calibrate the reflector in the head so it hits the full focus tight hot spot when the head is all the way tight ... is my favorite way to use them.

rrego

Enlightened
Yes, C cell Mags are my favorite. Roll up the right size sheet of paper for the battery tube to eliminate battery rattle, and calibrate the reflector in the head so it hits the full focus tight hot spot when the head is all the way tight ... is my favorite way to use them.
The full focus at all the way tight, I like that idea. I'm going to have to mess with that and try to figure that out.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It at best is assembled in MX.
A few were. Most were USA made. I think if the new ones were assembled in Mexico they would be marked so, like the ones in the past have been. They may have built up old inventory as well. Like when they released those shipping containers full of 6P-BK's several years ago.

Last edited:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few were. Most were USA made. I think if the new ones were assembled in Mexico they wouldn't be marked so, like the ones in the past have been. They may have built up old inventory as well. Like when they released those shipping containers full of 6P-BK's several years ago.
I was not a flashaholic then but got in on that when they were 35$. It was just a great deal still have it too.