IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS

PartyPete

Enlightened
Well thanks for that Fenix. I can safely purchase your products knowing you will honor the warranty regardless where I buy it, as long it's being sold a Fenix set price.

One last question and that's it for me. How does Fenix establish the date when the warranty starts ? Let say that I bought a brand new Fenix light that is three years old from it was first produced. Will the warranty apply from the date of purchase or when it was manufactured? Also, does the warranty date start from when you received it on the mail or when it was shipped?

Thank you
I wondered this too, when I register my lights with Fenix online it asks me when I bought it, so I assume the warranty starts then as they can perhaps track inventory with the serial number(?)...

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We are posting this separately but will address questions by bdogps and PartyPete. This is from our Warranty Dept.

The warranty on a NEW LIGHT is from the date of purchase (provide accurately or as close as possible) and technically would only apply to the actual purchase date even if you ordered something and didn't receive it for a month. The only exception would be a preorder item in which case the warranty would begin the day we ship them. We're not going to be specific down to the day when dealing with a warranty claim. Now, if you purchase a used light and we run the serial number and the light is several years old, then the warranty is from the manufacturer date since we can't start the warranty from the date YOU purchase a used product.

Please understand, no warranty center is going to knick pick to NOT get your light repaired under warranty. It is to everyone's best interest to keep your light operational for as long as possible. We get pretty excited when we find people who are still carrying some of Fenix's original lights. That's our goal for have many "older" lights out there!

Anymore questions?

ven

Flashaholic

Please understand, no warranty center is going to knick pick to NOT get your light repaired under warranty. It is to everyone's best interest to keep your light operational for as long as possible. We get pretty excited when we find people who are still carrying some of Fenix's original lights. That's our goal for have many "older" lights out there!

Anymore questions?

Love it:cool:

Blackbird13

Enlightened
Glad to know this and another reason why I like to by products with lifetime no questions asked warranty

Last edited:

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Why do you not listed out all your authorized Fenix Dealers in the USA so that we consumers do not have to second guess if we are buying an original Fenix product or not?

When I go to a Zero Tolerance Knives website in the USA, it listed all authorized dealers. Why can not Fenixlight do the same thing? What is so secret about revealing the authorized dealers.

I can understand that this warranty would enforced dealers to serviced their own lights which is understandable. The warranty is a overhead cost that should be absorbed by the same dealer or wholesaler of that same country in which you original purchased the light.

I have no sympathy for customer who buys a Fenix below MAP and cries out that when it does needs service, the dealer to whom they purchased the light from , refused to honour the warranty. Also customer cries out that Fenix, the manufacturer and other Fenix dealers do not help them. As the saying goes, "what you paid, is what you get."

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thank you for your questions. I believe we need to clarify some information. I will list the clarifications for simplicity:

1. There are two Fenix Distributors in the USA. Each has MANY dealers throughout the USA. Trying to maintain a dealer list for public viewing would be near impossible since there are so many, with new one coming on board daily. Of course, some businesses go out of business too. There is definitely nothing secret about who our dealers are. We often respond to emails and phone calls with customers asking us about dealers. So that is always an option if you don't know your seller.

2. THIS IS IMPORTANT: You mentioned the dealers would be forced to service the lights. Our dealers are not obligated to service lights. They don't have parts needed to maintain lights--that is not an expectation of our dealers. When you purchase a Fenix light, the warranty is a FACTORY warranty. So the warranty is based on the serial number of the flashlight. If you purchase a light from a local or web seller and have problems with the light, you are to contact one of the the Fenix Warranty Centers in the USA. When you call the Center, you will be asked the serial number on the light. That number tells us which Center you are to use. So what this means to our customers is if they receive the light as a gift (and don't know where it was purchased from), buy a used one, or buy a new one, all are covered by the FACTORY warranty. The customer doesn't need to know anything. All that is needed is the customer to supply the Center the serial number and we take it from there.

Now, please read the stipulations above. If the serial number points to a seller from another country, that light will have to be sent to that Warranty Center that services that serial number. This is the only equitable way for Fenix (manufacturer) to allot parts for servicing. Of example, Fenix Store is one of the Warranty Centers in the USA. Fenix provides us parts to maintain the lights we sell (our serial numbers, which are tracked). We get the amount of parts based on how many lights we purchase from Fenix. It's all proportional. Therefore, each Warranty Center has to use the allotted parts to maintain the serial numbers of the lights which are linked to that Distributor. Does this make sense?

3. Your last paragraph: It doesn't matter what a customer pays for a light. It will be serviced under the warranty by a Warranty Center. The Fenix warranty is 5 years or 5 1/2 years if you register your product. Again, no matter where you purchase your light, it will be covered under warranty (ASSUMING IT IS A GENUINE FENIX PRODUCT). We would just have to check the serial number and direct you to the correct Warranty Center that supports that serial number.

I hope this all makes sense. The main thing to grasp is Fenix products are covered under the FACTORY warranty, not a dealer warranty. Dealers come and go. Fenix is here to stay and here to support your purchase.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Why do you not listed out all your authorized Fenix Dealers in the USA so that we consumers do not have to second guess if we are buying an original Fenix product or not?

When I go to a Zero Tolerance Knives website in the USA, it listed all authorized dealers. Why can not Fenixlight do the same thing? What is so secret about revealing the authorized dealers.

I can understand that this warranty would enforced dealers to serviced their own lights which is understandable. The warranty is a overhead cost that should be absorbed by the same dealer or wholesaler of that same country in which you original purchased the light.

I have no sympathy for customer who buys a Fenix below MAP and cries out that when it does needs service, the dealer to whom they purchased the light from , refused to honour the warranty. Also customer cries out that Fenix, the manufacturer and other Fenix dealers do not help them. As the saying goes, "what you paid, is what you get."

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
I think the main reasons why Fenix wholesalers such as your shelf do not want Fenixlight.com to advertised your sub dealers is because you will be competing with the two other main Fenix wholesalers as you told us that there are three or two Fenix wholesalers.

On another note, you are right, there are too many Fenix dealers in the USA out there. How do I know I am getting an original Fenix product from an authorized dealer.

Not mentioning any Fenix's dealers name. Their web site states in red , "WARNING. Be aware of counterfeit Fenix merchandise in the U.S. marketplace. Click here for more details. Clicked the details and it warns customers of buying overseas like in China and selling below the MAP.

But when I clicked their shopping cart, it has a discount code of 20%. What gives? Very ironic , where they protested about other selling below MAP, they them shelves are doing it. Like you said , am I getting a refurbished light or is the competition among Fenix wholesalers is so great and that is the only way they can compete.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
I'm sorry you didn't accept our explanation of why it would be very hard to list dealers. Your statement concerning why we don't is not correct. We highly encourage buying from our dealers!

To address the rest, each distributor and dealer is independently owned. If you have questions about a seller's website, please direct that question to that site so that you get an explanation for that seller. It is important to know the seller and read reviews of the seller--just like purchasing any product.

If you have particular question concerning Fenix Store (www.fenix-store.com) or Fenix Outfitters (www.fenixoutfitters.com), please email [email protected].

I think the main reasons why Fenix wholesalers such as your shelf do not want Fenixlight.com to advertised your sub dealers is because you will be competing with the two other main Fenix wholesalers as you told us that there are three or two Fenix wholesalers.

On another note, you are right, there are too many Fenix dealers in the USA out there. How do I know I am getting an original Fenix product from an authorized dealer.

Not mentioning any Fenix's dealers name. Their web site states in red , "WARNING. Be aware of counterfeit Fenix merchandise in the U.S. marketplace. Click here for more details. Clicked the details and it warns customers of buying overseas like in China and selling below the MAP.

But when I clicked their shopping cart, it has a discount code of 20%. What gives? Very ironic , where they protested about other selling below MAP, they them shelves are doing it. Like you said , am I getting a refurbished light or is the competition among Fenix wholesalers is so great and that is the only way they can compete.

Zak

Enlightened
Here is a HYPOTHETICAL example:
We as a distributor imports 100 PD35s.
Fenix will allow a 10% repair rate.
Fenix ships us 10 parts to support the PD35s.

So do you see why we have to protect the parts we receive? We are responsible to support all 100 PD35 lights that we imported. If we took those 10 parts we got and fixed lights from other distributors or countries, we would not have parts to support our 100 PD35s.

Knowing that, every distributor in the world deals with the same situation. Fenix knows which serial numbers went to which distributor in the world. Everything is tracked. Fenix knows where every light they produce is to be serviced.

Make sense?

No, it does not.

Of course, Fenix is rational to try to optimize the distribution of service parts based on where it has shipped lights, but placing strict limitations on which warranty centers can service the lights is just customer-hostile. Customers should not be punished for traveling, moving internationally or ordering from overseas. Fenix can send more parts if a warranty center uses them faster than expected. If there aren't enough spare parts on hand for that to work, the warranty centers are understocked anyway and ill-equipped to handle an unexpected increase in the defect rate with a specific batch of lights, to give an example.

I think the real reason for this policy is to discourage people in the rest of the world from ordering from Chinese sites that ignore MAP. Customers shouldn't suffer like that for a pricing dispute between a manufacturer and a dealer.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I think everyone is over analyzing this and subsequently making it look bad for Fenix, who has a pretty simple and easy warranty process in my opinion.

Example - I bought an older PD32 on Amazon years ago. The switch worked intermittently, seemed like it was "stuck". I emailed Fenix, gave them the serial and they directed me to the US distributor, I sent it in and had a working light sent back to me in a week.

Everything worked as it should for me and apparently several others as well.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
I have gone to fenixlight.com website and compared their warranty word by word. It seems the wording is very different from Fenix-Stores's.

Is the warranty that you posted is directly from fenixlight.com or warranty created by fenix-store.com ?

If Fenixlight (China) knows about Chinese dealers not complying the MAP, they would have stop it.

I am not here to start an argument but Fenixlight does have the best warranties in the world whereby you do not have to ship back to China for repairs.

Long lived Fenix! Hip Hip hooray!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The Warranty Center policies developed by the manufacturer were done so in the best interest of the customers as well as the service centers. Your statement about customer-hostile is not in line with any of the service centers operation. You have to understand it is in the best interest of BOTH the customer and Fenix's reputation for us to keep our customers' lights operational. That is why the Fenix warranty is so generous. So in those situations where a customer moves to another country, etc., the local warranty center would be flexible enough to service a light. Those are rare occasions of relocations you mention. The Fenix Store warranty center is run by a bunch of people who do all they can to assist customers, whether they belong to that service center or not. Again, we want lights to stay operational. I believe you will find that at all Fenix warranty centers.

Lastly, your statement about discouraging ordering from other countries is not correct. We have exhaustively explained the Fenix policy and the reasoning behind it. It is solely for streamlining parts distribution and workload distribution. There is no ulterior motive as you suggest.

No, it does not.

Of course, Fenix is rational to try to optimize the distribution of service parts based on where it has shipped lights, but placing strict limitations on which warranty centers can service the lights is just customer-hostile. Customers should not be punished for traveling, moving internationally or ordering from overseas. Fenix can send more parts if a warranty center uses them faster than expected. If there aren't enough spare parts on hand for that to work, the warranty centers are understocked anyway and ill-equipped to handle an unexpected increase in the defect rate with a specific batch of lights, to give an example.

I think the real reason for this policy is to discourage people in the rest of the world from ordering from Chinese sites that ignore MAP. Customers shouldn't suffer like that for a pricing dispute between a manufacturer and a dealer.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thank you. PartyPete. Your opinion is one of experience rather than assumption and presumption. We appreciate your sharing your positive experience.

I think everyone is over analyzing this and subsequently making it look bad for Fenix, who has a pretty simple and easy warranty process in my opinion.

Example - I bought an older PD32 on Amazon years ago. The switch worked intermittently, seemed like it was "stuck". I emailed Fenix, gave them the serial and they directed me to the US distributor, I sent it in and had a working light sent back to me in a week.

Everything worked as it should for me and apparently several others as well.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
One additional note, over the years I have ended up with around 18 Fenix lights. To date, not one has needed warranty service. Based on the responsiveness to questions I have asked the Fenix store, I am confident if I ever need warranty work there will not be any issues.

ven

Flashaholic
I have had 2 issues over the years, both sorted from China to the UK(lights not actually bought in UK). Shipped free of charge to my address without sending anything off , easy to deal with and good communication throughout. I have confidence in Fenix as a brand and also their warranty and have no problem recommending their lights along with buying their products in the future. :)