IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FENIX PRODUCTS

Zak

Enlightened
So in those situations where a customer moves to another country, etc., the local warranty center would be flexible enough to service a light. Those are rare occasions of relocations you mention.

If that's the case, why bother making a post saying this?

Warranty work for Fenix lights is based on the light's serial number. The serial number is traced to a particular country. So when warranty work is required, the light will have to go back to the country from which the light was purchased.

I understand from your post that Fenix, the manufacturer sets the policy, not you, but it seems like a better policy would be to just restock warranty centers promptly if they run out of service parts. The Fenix lights I've reviewed have all been very solidly built, and I expect them to be reliable for longer than the 5 year warranty period, so I don't expect such an improvement in policy to entail shipping a large volume of service parts. Perhaps you could suggest that to the manufacturer.

I know I would be shocked if I bought a product with distribution centers in multiple parts of the world and the local warranty center wherever I was told me they couldn't fix mine because it came from the wrong place, and I'd probably be disinclined to do business with that company again.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Just look at your red CPF banner. "Authorized Manufacturer". Consumers are going to perceived that you are really Fenixlight, the manufacturer .

A real manufacturer would take the responsibility of full warranty regardless of where the Fenix products are brought. You can not blame customers for this perception.

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok guys - let's move on. The point of this thread was to inform customers of the policy, and as such I believe everything has been covered, and endless hypotheticals aren't very constructive. If you have a real issue with a flashlight, follow the instructions offered and you will undoubtedly be cared for. Thanks.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
A bit of clarification for this comment:

This is the official manufacturer's CPF page. Fenix Worldwide is based in China. They have chosen to work in partnership with Fenix Store to maintain this site. So the answers you see to questions and/or comments are posted in conjunction with the Fenix engineers. Fenix Store and Fenix Worldwide work very closely, communicating on a daily basis on how to maintain and promote better products and services.

Just look at your red CPF banner. "Authorized Manufacturer". Consumers are going to perceived that you are really Fenixlight, the manufacturer .

A real manufacturer would take the responsibility of full warranty regardless of where the Fenix products are brought. You can not blame customers for this perception.

Last edited:

carnage

Enlightened
Just a general question.

Any website that has Fenix in the name example fenix-store.com or fenixlighting.com, are they authorized seller and repair shop?

hideOl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Rob. I have a trip planned within the next 6 months, so this is important to me. Regards, Mike

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
carnage

No, that doesn't mean they are authorized repair center. You can call either Fenix Store 800-616-1326 OR Fenix Lighting 888-775-9996 (both USA Fenix distributors) and provide the serial number on your light.
Both of those are also Fenix Warranty & Repair Centers and can tell you where your Warranty Center is based on your serial number. There are a couple of other sellers in the USA which handle service work on the lights they sell. These two distributors can also let you know if someone is an authorized Fenix seller. Does this answer your question?

Just a general question.

Any website that has Fenix in the name example fenix-store.com or fenixlighting.com, are they authorized seller and repair shop?

carnage

Enlightened
carnage

No, that doesn't mean they are authorized repair center. You can call either Fenix Store 800-616-1326 OR Fenix Lighting 888-775-9996 (both USA Fenix distributors) and provide the serial number on your light.
Both of those are also Fenix Warranty & Repair Centers and can tell you where your Warranty Center is based on your serial number. There are a couple of other sellers in the USA which handle service work on the lights they sell. These two distributors can also let you know if someone is an authorized Fenix seller. Does this answer your question?

Yes it does.

Thanks for the reply!

Johns957

Newly Enlightened
Good information here. I purchased my first Fenix light last year prior to hurricane Irma. A PD35. Never thought about a warranty. I don't remember where I got it, except it was in the US.
Sounds like if I have a problem in or out of warranty, I could get it repaired. I like that.
Thank you.
John

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
You are exactly correct! Just contact Fenix Store HERE and we will assist with any work needed. It all depends on your serial number for service location. You purchased a best seller!

Good information here. I purchased my first Fenix light last year prior to hurricane Irma. A PD35. Never thought about a warranty. I don't remember where I got it, except it was in the US.
Sounds like if I have a problem in or out of warranty, I could get it repaired. I like that.
Thank you.
John

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the most important question you'll ever be asked. HAS THE FENIX E01 BEEN DISCONTINUED!!??

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Yes, it has had a great life and served many, many people well. Now, the bonus is you can bet it will be replaced with something better. So be of good cheer. :)

We you a fan?

Here is the most important question you'll ever be asked. HAS THE FENIX E01 BEEN DISCONTINUED!!??

PartyPete

Enlightened
Yes, it has had a great life and served many, many people well. Now, the bonus is you can bet it will be replaced with something better. So be of good cheer. :)

We you a fan?
Thanks for confirming that.

I'd be willing to bet that most would consider the E01 a classic.

Since Fenix will likely update it or release something similar here's my humble advice: focus on a pleasing tint, make it tough as nails and perhaps even with two battery efficient low modes, including a moonlight mode. [emoji363][emoji106]

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I......I just can't. I'm sorry......I'm so sorry.

We you a fan?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have enough E01's for my lifetime, but I am putting my faith in Fenix and their ability to recognize that the long life, dependability, and ability to withstand anything is what made it such a great light....thus the new one will retain said traits but perhaps even longer life or brighter, but not at the expense of its "Ironman" reputation...

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have or will you have any information about if and or when a replacement or upgraded light will be coming out??

We you a fan?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
An upgraded EO1 would be great!

Heres another vote for tough, long running replacement with a warmer tint and maybe a second mode for a medium/low output.

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to what you guys have in store.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We have asked the Fenix engineer to review all your most-recent comments. So he will see all your thoughts. I'm sure all will be taken into consideration. Thanks for your input! We appreciate your being a part of the Fenix community.