In need of a BRIGHT Boat Spot Light.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you guys noticed, but this thread is nearly a year old, resurrected by a spammer.

DM51

Flashaholic
Yes, the spammer is gone for good, as of yesterday, but maybe he did do something useful by bumping the thread. It would be interesting to know the outcome.

jtice

Flashaholic
Hi guys, this sure is an old thread :p

I never really ended up with anything suited for this specific task.
At least, nothing all that water tight, that could he dropped in the water, etc.

I did however end up getting a BrightStar LightHawk around this time.
Which is fairly water tight, and would probably take a couple dunks into the water.
But I dont think you would want to go swimming with it.

I will probably end up using it for the boat also, just have to tie it off cuz it doesnt float.

I upgraded the bulb to a ROP bulb, which made it a bit brighter, and have a bit better beam.
Really nice light, I have it mounted in my Jeep now actually.

~John

IcantC

Enlightened
Supposedly those cheap 6volt Eveready yellow lanterns/spotlights float. Don't think they are bright enough.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look at the Streamlight Survivor LED. It is a yellow or orange plastic, tough as nails right angle light with a deep reflector for an intense hot spot. Though it uses a Luxeon LED, it has a lot of throw. Its waterproof, regulated, and runs on 4 AA cells. If you use Lithium AA cells, it will almost float on its own, and adding a keychain style float will probably keep it from sinking.

These were designed for fire fighters, but I think they are perfect for a boat.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Take a look at the Streamlight Survivor LED. It is a yellow or orange plastic, tough as nails right angle light with a deep reflector for an intense hot spot. Though it uses a Luxeon LED, it has a lot of throw. Its waterproof, regulated, and runs on 4 AA cells. If you use Lithium AA cells, it will almost float on its own, and adding a keychain style float will probably keep it from sinking.

These were designed for fire fighters, but I think they are perfect for a boat.

It's a great light but not waterproof. It's "weatherproof" or water-resistant. Lithiums are not recommended by the manufacturer.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a great light but not waterproof. It's "weatherproof" or water-resistant. Lithiums are not recommended by the manufacturer.

The light has done well with Lithium AA cells in my experience, even though Streamlight won't certify them. It has also resisted water extremely well, though I have not tried to dive with it.

jtice

Flashaholic
Odd, I just now got the email notification for this, LOL sheesh.

Anyway, I actually have a Streamlight Survivor also :)
I modded it to a Seoul LED, and its quite the thrower now.
I have had it in water a good bit, not too much total submersion, but very wet, and its been fine.
Nice light, and the nice deep reflector really throws a beam.

~John

Burgess

Flashaholic
Not odd at all. I will explain.

You see, i noticed the post (from yesterday, 6/16/2008) was SPAM.

So, i reported said post to our CPF moderators.

They burst onto the scene, with weapons drawn, and flashlights blazing.

:cool:

Then, they took careful aim, and ZAPPED the offensive post.

:poof:

Case Closed !

:devil:

BTW, i can't understand why spammers keep trying
to attack this specific thread.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of the evil lurkers.

:candle:
_