Incandescent photo...may we see one that you like?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blue LED accents.

IMG_1003.jpg

Spill from Mag85 added to find the flames.

IMG_1004.jpg

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do love Eva Green, but, what makes you think any of those are incan? haha

Here's one of my all-incan shots:
_MG_0147.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still Photo, I've been trying to figure out how to do a little picture taking with this point and shoot and was surprised at how difficult some things were.

Beamshots.

Foodshots.

Hardest so far has been stage work. That one you posted is just magnificent to me.

To answer the question, I'm not an expert but it appears that some Eva shots are from incan cans like this one...again, no expert it just appears that way to me as it's the simplest explanation as to how the shot was produced. It's debatable that a xenon flash is incandescent but the scientific definition appears to lean that way.

Thanks 5 tons for your contribution. You fellows that can really do this stuff amaze me.

0000427489-20616L.jpg

Monocrom - It took me a reread then I got it. I actually own that movie because late night talk show host, Craig Ferguson, reminded his audience that this movie had hot chicks and a guy that turned into a skeleton on a modified motorcycle; both of which catch on fire. How cool is that?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Monocrom - It took me a reread then I got it. I actually own that movie because late night talk show host, Craig Ferguson, reminded his audience that this movie had hot chicks and a guy that turned into a skeleton on a modified motorcycle; both of which catch on fire. How cool is that?

Very cool. But not as cool as that last pic of Eva. And, clearly captured with the aid of an inca bulb. Clearly obvious, due to the warm tint. Very warm tint... that pic is making me feel very "warm." :sssh:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
After that I hate to post these poor photos of old rockers but I took them last night meaning to post one or two so here they are. Dang Joan was put together nicely.

Down to Five:

IMG_4102shrunk.jpg

IMG_4137shrunk.jpg

IMG_4112shrunk.jpg

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoors Fanatic said:
After Eva Green I didn't really need to see this thing...
Yes, but she hasn't kissed it yet.

Still digging out my picture. The incan picture par excellence. Not actually a photograph, but It'll be worth waiting for.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is what I regard as the Incandescent picture par excellence:

"Soiree im Hotel Caillebotte in der Rue Monceau im Jahre 1878" by the French Impressionist Jean Beraud:
JeanBeraud-SoireeimHotelCaillebotte.jpg

I saw the original at the Victorian Art Gallery in 2004 when they had an exhibition from the Paris Musee d'Orsay. This painting was a standout - even amongst the Renoirs and Monets there. I thought it was all about the ladies, the occasion, the grandeur and the mood. But one thing that particularly struck me, which I thought an irrelevant detail at the time, was how the electric lights in the painting actually seemed to be glowing, as if they were switched on.

But in talking this picture over with my artist lady friend, upon mentioned the lights, both the orbs and the chandeliers, seemingly glowing out of the canvas, she asked the date it was painted. Easy question - same as the occasion - 1878.

She reminded me that in Paris in 1878, electric light was THE in thing, and just lighting a room with electric light, with its sparkling quality, unlike the softer gaslight, was a social occasion. It was the latest thing.

The point being, that the glowing electric lights leaping out of the canvas for me to notice was quite deliberately intentional on the part of the artist. He wanted the excitement, the glitter and the sparkle of the lights to grab your attention - it was part of the message of the painting.

So there. The Incandescent picture par excellence. Glad to have an opportunity to share this with you.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Kiessling. That guy gets very deep into it. I like watching live music that has some freedom so that the individuals have a "conversation" with each other, then invite the audience in on it.

LuxLuthar -

That's a *huge* slug!

Eric242, that dude's behavior is interesting. Looks like he's getting bigger.

lctorana -

That's very much appreciated. I enjoy the story as much as the image, or more. To know what was going on and how the artists intended to capture more than a moment is pleasing to think about.

DM51 -

All the lighting action going on there is terrific. The iridescent gold coming off the blues and cyan is interesting. The blue eye shine is somewhat unnerving.

-------

Here's some more attempts. I've got a lot to learn. The young lady is the piano man's teenage daughter. Her sounded like water with a diva influence that belies her age.

sIMG_4186.jpg

sIMG_4187.jpg

sIMG_4191.jpg

sIMG_4206.jpg

sIMG_4229.jpg

sIMG_4242.jpg

sIMG_4248.jpg