Inexpensive green laser pointer?

d'mo

Enlightened
Can anyone direct me to a supplier of good quality inexpensive low output (~5mw) AAA or AA powered laser pointers? I would like one to exercise our chubby cat.

Thanks!
-d-

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
I'd say buy a slightly bigger dog or lets some mice loose in your house... :lolsign: I'm not sure about inexpensive, but Atlasnova is a good seller of pointers and is a member here. I always forget his screen name until I see a post. The customer servie is great and they are in the US...

aml

Newly Enlightened
red lazers are cheaper, and work just as good for cats.
and probably less likely to blind the cat!!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, d'mo - I have to second the Atlasnova recommendation for quality and customer service. Green is cool for us humans to look at, but the cat likely couldn't care less, so you could go with red if you're looking for inexpensive. Arnold has a few choices in red according to the website.

However, since you and the cat will be playing around, I'd actually recommend more like 1 -3mW because the beam will have ample opportunity to catch the kitty in the eyes. Less than 5mW you're probably still fine, but I prefer to err on the side of caution. The watch battery keychain pointers are good for low output, and I see 'em in gas stations for about $7.

Have fun, you two! :laughing:

allthatwhichis said:
lets some mice loose in your house... :lolsign:
Hahaha!...

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I Dealextreme sells relatively cheap lasers, quality, I'm not sure.

I only have fishes and it's hard to exercise them:)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the intended purpose, don't go with the Dealextreme as they have no IR filters. Bad for the cat's eyes.