Inexpensive P60 Host

Fird

Enlightened
Regarding the brinkman unit:

+1, but remove the stock reflector first

Don't the (Dereelight) LED dropins come with reflectors built in anyway?
Who else's dropins fit?

It seems that several people have the brinkman maxfire unit. I tried to locate one at various retail stores today and was unsuccessful.

democopy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bspofford,

Is this the one?

Here's a great host that is inexpensive but not cheap. Grab a Huntlight FT01XSE at Lighthound for $24.99 ASAP. Use coupon code "CPF," and the cost is only $24.49 including free shipping if you spend more than $75. This is a quality host with light gray HAIII finish, AR coated glass, a metal retaining ring under the glass so that it doesn't fall out when you change P60 modules, etc. etc. etc.! Some don't like the clip, but it is fine in my opinion. The tube is wide enough to fit all of my protected 18650 cells. Comes with a leather holster and neck lanyard. I've tried three P60 modules including the Q2 from Supertactical, the SSC U-bin from DX, and the 3SD Q5 from Dereelight. All work fine, and the modes on the 3SD switch just fine with the reverse clicky on this host. Don't go for the $44.95 CREE model because standard modules don't work as easily.:thumbsup: