Infared (LED) light to see veins in a patients arm...Yes, thats right...

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK Tomahawk MC has nothing to do with medical devices. i'm not sure how green and red together will be helpful, or would do something either green or red wont, sounds like a marketing pitch, nothing more, and i have build over few dozens of multicolored lights.

Medical device no but the red/green mix shows blood better as well as other things that the red or green alone do not. Marketing pitch? Could be but I Don't think so. If it were then I d have already sold mine but it is much more useful than my Tomahawk NV

Dario

Newly Enlightened
I m not a medic but First-Light USA (American company) has a Tomahawk MC (multi color) with secondary red, green, and red+green which performs really well where the red OR green falls short. Not sure if this is what you are after but I m currently working on some videos of these on YouTube. My channel is sdsteveb and soon may change but not at this time
Thanks for the reference. Any info on how/why red/green works better? That light is likely more expensive than she'd be willing to buy. I think this is an very occasional use item and she's getting her herself (vs. the company).

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a product at our hospital called "wee sight" that uses three 5mm red LEDs, you put it under a pediatric patient's hand and turn lights out to help see little veins.

I've found my EDC lights work well too but have to be careful about heat.
I used a LX2 and L1 for sometime and have a red filter for them but I simply didn't think of using the red for venipuncture.

I think I'll try to find it and give it a try next shift.