infinitely variable 18650 headlamp?

intervivos

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody make a quality infinitely variable 18650 headlamp? would like it in the 500lm range. I would also take a CR123 as long at it can take rechargeable batteries.

Love my jetbeam RRT01 and have always said that if I could have it in a headlamp it would be perfect. I do have a surefire maximus (the old cr123/AA model) and I like it but it is a little weak on output and rechargeables are a no-go.

Looking at the Nitcore HC90 but I am a little hesitant of the slider. I am also not a fan of the auxiliary leds, and the fact that it looks like a brick.

Thanks in advance for replies!

Taz80

Enlightened
You must have the Saint or Minimus because the Maximus is rechargeable and is variable from 1 to 500 lumen's. The only thing is I don't think you can swap out the battery.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
Looking at the Nitcore HC90 but I am a little hesitant of the slider. I am also not a fan of the auxiliary leds, and the fact that it looks like a brick.

Thanks in advance for replies!

I just received the HC90. The auxiliary leds are terrific for those times when you want to keep your height vision. Though it looks like a brick and it looks heavy the looks are deceiving. The weight isn't as bad as it looks and it is comfortable to wear. I think that you could get away without using the top strap it you wanted.

I believe that the early slider problems have been addressed and the slider on mine feels solid and the position detents are crisp. Only time will tell how it holds up but it is terrific for my uses.

Bob

Adrian MARCHANT

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

I have used the HC90 on and off over the past year and have had no issues with it and especially none with the slider.

I find it comfortable to wear but unless I'm going to be out miles from civilization at night, it is overkill for me for daily use. (I tend to fall back on my Fenix HL10 and HL50).

However, when I am in the wilderness - or what counts for it here in the UK! - I'd certainly prefer the HC90 with me for its all round game and superior brightness.

ironhorse

Enlightened
The Imalent HR20 has a brightness control ring, might be worth checking out. I agree about the Jetbeam RRT01, one of my favorite lights still today.

Top Bottom