Inova X1 V4

kzb

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of the Inova X1's but I don't know which version it is. It is a 2 watt, but does not have orange-peel reflector.

I've got to say it was not as bright as I thought a 2 watt LED would be. This is because I previously possessed a Tesco 2AA LED flashlight advertised as "1 watt", for about £6.00. The Inova is nowhere near as bright as the cheaper Tesco torch, even though it nominally has double the power in watts.

After this, I bought a Maglite 2AA LED 3-watt. This is pretty much the same brightness as the 1-watt Tesco torch, albeit with the ability to focus (which the Tesco torch does not).

I think my source of confusion must be that the Tesco light is not actually 1-watt but in reality is 3-watt. Both the Maglite and the Tesco light are a bit too bulky to take out in my jeans pockets, but the Inova, being a 1AA, is OK for that. It's also a good feature that it can't be accidently activated in your pocket (which the others could). But the quest for a truly bright light, that also easily fits in my pocket goes on, I'm afraid.

peracles

Newly Enlightened
Bought the last US made X1 at my local Target. It was on the back of the peg. The new Chinese made packaging is the same coloring but is slightly smaller and says NiteIze and made in China on the back. It appears physically the same as the US X1 and the emitter appears the same and was centered well in the OP reflector.

My first impression is that it's a nice little light. I almost bought the X2 to go with it but decided to hold out for a Quark AA2 Turbo or a LumaPower Vantage or an ITP C8. Has there been a 2AA light shootout done?

--Karl