Interest list for custom CPF fixed blade knife

meuge

Enlightened
How many of you are interested in this knife? I have a few options, since we cannot nail down a price until we have a better idea of the volume that will be created.

Thank you for your interest.

schiesz

I have two concerns before I can commit to this product (although i am very interested).

1. Sheath. Will it come with one, and if not, what are my options?
2. Thickness of the handle. I am not sure whether or not it's meant to have paracord wrapping, because as it stands it'll be too thin for my hands (I'm 6'3'').

I guess it's too late for that, so it's low down on my list of concerns, but I wonder if the blade isn't too wide, for a general-purpose knife, which would make it hard to use for more delicate work.

Can someone address these questions? Thanks in advance.

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone..

I have a very important point to say, and that is that in the sketch, i misrepresented the thickness of the blade, so please do not take that to be the actual thickness, because the sketch shows it as far too thin.

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Also, to address some concerns, it will come with a kydex sheath, but those details will be worked out further after the blade prototype has been revealed.

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost 200 views and almost 20 people interested. I'd say we are doing pretty good for the thread being open for 20 hours in this often overlooked corner of CPF.

I figured it would take more than a week to get as far as we have at this point. I have tried to contact people who might be interested, and it appears to be working better than I had expected.

My concerns are quickly changing from 'Will we have anyone interested?' to 'Is George going to pass out when he sees that he might be making 50 knives?'

schiesz

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
OK, I'm in. Though I am a little concerned to see other staff members here. I can forsee some injuries down the line...

THRILLED to hear it will have a Kydex sheath. That was going to be one of my stipulations, and I see that has been covered.

I think "official" needs to be dropped. Sounds a bit silly, even if it did come from the wench! I think "Strong Blade" to go with my other lighting goodies will be good. :crackup:

How about "Another sharp member of CPF?" :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
..... My concerns are quickly changing from 'Will we have anyone interested?' to 'Is George going to pass out when he sees that he might be making 50 knives?'

schiesz

Every Knife-Maker wants to be well-known. I predict Gerorge is going to become real popular. :devil:

98j30

Newly Enlightened
:huh:I'm interested in this knife serial # doesn't matter, I collect such items. What will be the blade material and it's Rockwell hardness? If price is right I'm in.
Thanks!!!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am IN, regardless of price. Well, within reason. I still have to buy food. A lot :green:
bernie

P.S.: maybe an official CPF bottle opener would have been more appropriate? :aaa:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted no just because it's out of my price range. It does look nice though! :thumbsup: I hope it's a success and look forward to pics though! :popcorn:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
OH! And just so everyone knows... I'm not so totally attached to the "Official CPF Blade" logo that I'm opposed to other suggestions. It was just a suggestion. I wouldn't be upset if it were changed... :)

I'm thinking the "CPF Night Slicer". Night Cutter was already taken by some 5mm LED light manufacturer. And we could give ti a nice black blade like this:

http://www.hammette.com/RLHWebPics/RLHBLA.jpg

Shane

Last edited:

fod

Newly Enlightened
Wow. how cool.

I had posted a feeler thread for some carbon fiber bling, https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2336678#post2336678and someone suggested I check this out.

I have been making custom composite knife handle materials, and am experimenting with a new type of kevlar hybrid sheath construction.

I really don't want to hijack this thread, just offering my services and a willingness to play along. PM or EM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
-Todd

Greta

Flashaholic
Im in...And I dont think it should be called "Official". Perhaps, 1st edition or CPF Blade 2008 since this could become tradition...
Yup! I like all of those! :thumbsup: So scrap the "Official" and perhaps just put the year???? :shrug:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup! I like all of those! :thumbsup: So scrap the "Official" and perhaps just put the year???? :shrug:
I like CPF 2008... A la' Peak . Serial #08 for me if possible

Last edited: