Interest Thread; Malkoff M61 New 519A 4500k / 5700k 9080 *Group Buy 2022!*

hamhanded

Enlightened
I'm sure Gene has the ability to dedome..
Tell me, what's so desirable about 519a DD that has a warmer (brownish) hot spot?
Lower CCT, lower output, but higher throw, great for reflector hosts. I found the dedomed 4500K 519A CCT to be too pink for my taste, but it was otherwise pleasantly warm

Is someone keeping a list of folks who have announced a committed interest in purchasing one or more of these modules? I don't check the forum daily, and would be annoyed if a limited subscription "sold out" before I could once again drain my PayPal account in pursuit of another grail object.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really do not thing he will lead this. He is a polite fellow.
Dot was leader on two previous group buys, and he knows the ins and outs.

Too polite, meaning we need someone willing to be more assertive?

With exception to a small miscalculation on emitters specs. I think Dot did a great job managing issues, imo

Last edited:

ledbetter

Enlightened
As if this is ever going to fly! No one can agree on the led, tint, or drop in type! I'm content with xpl's and sst-20's that Gene has chosen. That's not to say if someone chooses to run this madhouse, I won't be adding my name to the list. Sign me up for two.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once again going out on a limb here, but just not thinking the esteemed member from New England is that passionate about 519a, and is polite enough to avoid saying it for the record, maybe thinking others will be bummed by his opinion? Speculation on parade from this keyboard.

Maestro Malkoff needs to get a small supply of dialed-in 519a variants, including dedomed (any hard users out there?) for him to experiment. Then when his on-hand emitter stock needs replenishment, will hopefully order some 519a to make what he wants to produce.

Another option is for any member who wants to get their posterior in gear and step up with a thread created right here, right now, asking for members to commit to the group buy master/thread starter's choice of configuration. If the required minimum is met, then giddy up!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
While youre waiting for the Malkoff drop in, here is a 519a drop in you could try for just $16. Choice of CCT, Choice of number of modes, choice of smooth or OP reflector:

p6-nic-519a-1-768x1000.jpg

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
While youre waiting for the Malkoff drop in, here is a 519a drop in you could try for just $16. Choice of CCT, Choice of number of modes, choice of smooth or OP reflector:

That is a fantastic option and one that works well with a MD2 host.
The host has plenty of heat sink when the 519a is ran conservatively at 450 lumens --which is what Malkoff would do.

It doesn't work with the high low ring, but it has 3 modes that are spaced nicely... LMH.

The only issue I've had with these are when I create a short --which is my fault -- or the LED burns out which there's something off about the 5000k when ran to the max. But don't run them to the max and you won't have an issue.

Last edited: