Interesting Video Finds Part 4

Monocrom

Flashaholic
There is another Soviet that decided not to launch when some computer malfunctioned and it seemed the Americans had started WW3.
Yes, that was the incident that took place in 1983 when a new Soviet early warning system malfunctioned. Thankfully the individual at that post knew that the system was new, and strongly suspected it was malfunctioning. So, he refused to launch.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There is another Soviet that decided not to launch when some computer malfunctioned and it seemed the Americans had started WW3.

wopr.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is frustrating! Okay, so on the previous page of this topic, I posted a YouTube short that talked about Julia Child's contribution to the War effort (WW2). For some bizarre reason the owner of that video has decided to make it Private. Well, screw him. I found an alternative video that mentions her contributions:

Reactions: TPA

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
This is frustrating! Okay, so on the previous page of this topic, I posted a YouTube short that talked about Julia Child's contribution to the War effort (WW2). For some bizarre reason the owner of that video has decided to make it Private. Well, screw him. I found an alternative video that mentions her contributions:

Wow. That was impressive. I wish she had received more recognition for her service.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Two driving inputs :: Steering & Brake
(right foot stays flat to the floor)

TPA

Enlightened
I apologize if I've already posted this. The smoothness and relative simplicity of these Doble cars has me fascinated:

I still can't help but think steam power has some application in the future.