Introducing "Draco" - - - PART 2

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Varriano said:
Are any of these still available. Sorry I was out to lunch on this one until today.

JV
Still plenty left. Check here. Scroll down to the blue chart. Pick an unused number, then submit your order and pony up some scheckles.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Modamag!

Just like to confirm about my order, everything is correct except I ordered the two CC board for both my lights instead of the Flupic. The balance is 0(correct).

Thank you for your time, and looking forward to these lights! :)

StanTeate

Enlightened
Balance is 0.00
Spreadsheet is correct.
Address has been updates on Paypal and sent via PM.
All good to go for shipping.

StanTeate

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received Draco today............extrermely nice (see 4 7's pix in another thread)

Went directly to my keychain.

Flu-pic appears to have three settings from high to low?

If there is a thread for programming this particular flu-pic, please advise.

Thank You,

jeffb

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if there is an instruction thread or not, but here is the quick and dirty.

Draco flupic has 5 modes. Each mode is arrived at by tunrning the light on that many times. For example, to get to mode 1, just turn the light on. To get to mode 3, tun the light on-off-on-off-on (i.e. 3rd on = mode 3).

Mode 1 is preset to burst mode (approx 650 ma)

Mode 2 is user setable to any of about 10 different levels

Mode 3 is preset to low

Mode 4 is null/blank/not used

Mode 5 is used to set the level of Mode 2 - turn the light on 5 times (no light will show for the 4th on). The light level will ramp all the way up in steps and then ramp down. When the brightness is at the level you want to set for Mode 2, turn the light off and leave it off for a couple of seconds. Mode 2 is now set at the level it was when you turned the light off.

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
Thanks Jim, I changed mine by accident as soon as I started playing with it. Modamag Great light!!! :rock:

Varriano

Newly Enlightened
:dedhorse:

Sorry about being so dark on this one, I understand the main menu items but what are the costs for the toppings, fries and various super-size options?

Again I apologize for being so unenlightened.

JV

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Varriano said:
:dedhorse:

Sorry about being so dark on this one, I understand the main menu items but what are the costs for the toppings, fries and various super-size options?

Again I apologize for being so unenlightened.

JV
No problem - all the pricing info is in this post.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I forgot to attach the User Guide in your Delivery Confirmation email. So here it is just in case if you still need it.

*** Click on the picture for full size ***

4sevens: Thanx David for the photography blurp. I've been simply 2bz with work to get home early for a photo shoot. Nice macros BTW.

JimH: Thanx Jim for the coverage. I guess I'll have to give you the recipe for those spring roll :D

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag said:
I guess I'll have to give you the recipe for those spring roll :D

It's about time. I was beginning to wonder how many hoops I would have to jump through to get the recipe for those things. I was just about getting ready to put you on my "restricted beans" list until you coughed up the recipe.
smoker.gif

Darkstar

Newly Enlightened
The Draco has landed!!!!! Let me say this about that :rock: :wow: :bow: :twothumbs :clap: :thanks: What a beautiful light/design! It is sooo small yet easy to operate 1 handed, the reflector is amazing, the amount of light is stunning, the machining meticulous. OWTF I'm running out of adjectives, all I can say is if you haven't already purchased 1 what are you waiting for this is destined to be a collector's item!!!

Thank you to all involved!!!!

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to prepped and packed another dozen of lights.
They have been shipped to the following members:
darmawaa, dduane, Doc, JeffT, loalight, Luff, milkyspit, Rockwood, schiesz, Tronic, vag, Wong

The final batch (~30 lights) consisting of all the CC converter and U-bin will be done this weekend and ship early next week.

I have also decided to ship the Draco-Al to those members who ordered both Al & Ti version. I want to get these to your hand to play with ASAP.

As for the shipping fee, you can send me a PP for the shipping cost if you like but not necessary, it's totally optional.

When I was packaging these unit, I found a small minor defect on the 10280 cell plastic wrapping. There seems to be quite a few warps causing the cell OD to go way out of tolerance. I have removed couple thou on the OD and set the one that are total wacked (~5%) aside.

So those of you who already have these 10280 cell, please inspect your battery carefully before usage. If the plastic is warped, you can use 500-1000 grit sand paper to take care of it.

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Sevens took all my toy money but I want a Draco! If by any chance my old football number is still available upon payday I might have to consider it kismet!

rscanady

Enlightened
Johnathon,
Do you know when you will be shipping the Al unit to those of us that ordered both Ti and Al?

Thanks

Ryan

jefft

Enlightened
Jonathan, got mine today (#15, Saturday). I don't think I could've gotten it sooner even if I drove to your house from Cupertino to pick it up myself. This is one _really_ nice light. Until you actually hold it in your hand, it's impossible to truly realize how small and bright this thing is. Although it is so tiny, it reeks of precision and craftsmanship. This light was definitely worth the wait. I get the feeling that once word gets out there won't be too many left over. I hope this entire experience was good enough for you to plan future builds. I know I'll be right back in line. :goodjob:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The initaial raeaction I get when I show it to an un-initiated is "boy, that's a cool toy flashlight for your key chain. Then I turn it on, and the attitude shifts from "toy" to "poop, where the hell is all that light coming from."

Jonathan, too bad you couldn;t managte to part the red sea

jefft

Enlightened
JimH, that was exactly my first reaction when I turned it on. I had no idea that burst mode was first. (who really reads those instruction things in the beginning anyway?) I was expecting a little starter level when I first turned it on so I was looking directly into it. Took a while before I could see well enough to make out the print on on the instruction card.

dduane

Newly Enlightened
Jonathan, #88 is so exciting! It now replaces the Jil Intelli. I rank it up there with the NLS!! And I have the turbo head and battery extension. Nothing can top this... (There's always something up your sleeve)
THANKS Duane
:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::thumbsup: