• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing FLuPIC V2.1 firmware! Updated 8/4/2005

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never mind. I didn't catch that that post was answering the "how do i get back to level one" question.

AvroArrow

Enlightened
goldserve, I figure I'll ask this here since this thread is what your posts usually refer to when someone asks about the specs of the FLuPIC. What are the electrical specifications of your FLuPIC? Either I've completely missed a post that listed all of it, or maybe I'm going blind. Anyway, I've had to scrounge through several threads to piece together what I think are the proper specs. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll edit my post with the correct info.

Max Input Voltage: 5.5V
Min Input Voltage for regulation: LED's Vf + 0.15V

Drive Levels:
Burst Mode: 1.2 A
Level 20: 500 mA (some posts refer to lvl 20 as 600 mA, so I'm not sure which is correct)
Level 19: 475 mA (one post said that the level increments are 5%, which I assume means 5% of max current, which is 25 mA)
Level 18: 450 mA
Level 01: 20 mA (another post specifically stated lvl 1 as 20 mA)

It also looks like this circuit is almost custom tailored to under-drive TxxH bin LuxIIIs (except for Burst mode). Would it also be suitable to drive say a... SxxH bin LuxI as long as you don't go above lvl 14 (350 mA) in normal extended use? My assumption is that a SxxH-bin LuxI driven at spec (350 mA) would be whiter, brighter and run longer than a TxxH-bin LuxIII driven at the same current (at 350 mA, where the LuxIII might color shift to some undesirable tint).

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the strobe in Mode 4 always 10Hz, or can it be set using the Set Strobe in Mode 5? (Setting it would be just complicated enough that i'd rather ask in case someone already knows.)

Aepoc

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the FluPIC alone is enough to run a Cree XR-E star P4 bin with a single 3.7v AA rechargeable? Would I need an additional converter?

If so can I solder the FluPIC right to the star or do i need anything else in there?

I am thinking i need a heat sink between the FluPIC and the star. There was talk about using the body of the flashlight as a sink... If i need a heat sink where would i find one? And what would be the final order of combining parts?

FluPIC>heat sink>star>cree ??

If i need anything else please let me know...
If i anyone knows anything that might work better with the cree XR-E and a single AA let me know...

Thanks in advance

hord

Newly Enlightened
Goldserve can the +ve output on the flupic be switched (between different LED's with a shared -ve) without causing harm on the circuit... or does it require a full time load?

Cheers Harvey

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
:poke: ... I sent several emails but never got a reply... :confused:

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
hord said:
Goldserve can the +ve output on the flupic be switched (between different LED's with a shared -ve) without causing harm on the circuit... or does it require a full time load?

Cheers Harvey

There is no harm if the load is opened. Should be fine. I'm interested in what you come up with =D

paulr

Flashaholic
This stuff is really neat. I was somewhat aware of it before but only paid much attention recently because I got an L0D CE and am thinking about how to reprogram such a light.

I'm having a hard time finding anything in these threads saying whether the FluPIC source code has been released. Is it around? I'd be interested in customizing it to create my own UI, if I were to buy a board.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, no source code is released. The Flupic is customizable to a certain extent. The UI can be customized buy changing some tables in the chip. You can request me to put in a certain sequence.

strideredc

Enlightened
hi goldserve,
i am after a few items from you...
a board for a Q3 and one for my arc ls(the sandwich you show looks to thick comp. with the one thats in there now)
i want to be able to drive a seoul at 1a max, is this possible
thanks
matt

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
This stuff is really neat. I was somewhat aware of it before but only paid much attention recently because I got an L0D CE and am thinking about how to reprogram such a light.
I'm also wondering if this could be put into an L0D.

If so, I'm interested in having someone mod at least one L0D so that I could have a much lower low, medium, higher high (due to led upgrade) and strobe.

Anyone out there that can do this? :whistle:

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
arise this thread from the cemetry :(

does goldserve still make this board?
i replaced the driver in my ultrafire C2 with his FLuPIC XD
oh yes, can it support 2xcr123?