Introducing FluPIC V2.2 firmware - User Guide UP!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightness of the beacon is linked to user brightness 2 so it can be set up as a blink locator. Blink every 5 seconds.

The strobe is user adjustable from 2hertz all the way to 18 hertz in 2 hertz increments.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the firmware can be used on a flupig but i'd scale down the pwm rate back to 1x just incase the other driver can't handle it.

lightrod

Enlightened
Hondo said:
.....I would definitely go with a primary, for the killer run time, if taking my FF3 on a backpacking trip, where a spare is actually a burden.....

Funny you'd mention that - the FF3 has become my light of choice in the woods / on the trail. And so far - by a long shot! Flood/throw combo and transition is great/natural looking, with a great/natural looking tint to me as well. :thumbsup:

(BTW I'm a single cell guy...... hmmm...... I mean..... I'm actually a lot bigger than a cell, in fact I've got lots of cells, millions of them..... I'm digging a hole here so I'll stop....)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, sounds great, Its nice when someone listens and incorporates the ideas presented on CPF.
I wonder if there will be a drop in replacement module for the FF3? I'll take one!

That flicker does bother me on v2.1, and the rest of the changes sound like a nice refinement of an already good interface.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Can i run a lux v to about 750-1000mA with a flupic board? Would it be ok in that power range? marc

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flupic driver will not drive a luxV because the the max input is 5.5V.

Consider using a flupig PWM driver with a DD + resistored setup to drive the luxV.

Cheers!

vortechs

Enlightened
goldserve said:

Hi goldserve,

Did you ever get a chance to stress test the FLuPIC with 6V driving a K2?

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
goldserve said:

Consider using a flupig PWM driver with a DD + resistored setup to drive the luxV.

Cheers!
I must have got my wires crossed, i thought the flupic was a boost driver. I think its worth a go as i wont be running at over 6 volts from 2 cr123. Unless you think the components would be damaged.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
goldserve said:
I didn't get any K2s yet but I will try that when I get a chance!
You can have a couple of mine if you want, just drop me a pm with your address and i will put a couple in the post. marc

prasinos

Newly Enlightened
Great work goldserve!

Do you have any Q3 sized boards with the new firmware available for sale?

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Hi Goldserve,
Just to let you know that i havent forgotten about your leds, i couldnt get to the post office last week because i foolishly worked for about 80 hours but i will get them in the post at the weekend. Are there any of the sammie sized boards available with the new firmware?
marc

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
marcdilnutt said:
Hi Goldserve,
Just to let you know that i havent forgotten about your leds, i couldnt get to the post office last week because i foolishly worked for about 80 hours but i will get them in the post at the weekend. Are there any of the sammie sized boards available with the new firmware?
marc

Sure...you can sammie sized boards with new firmware.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm lost in FluPIC land...

I have a standard LE, red Lux led, and a Rev. 4 FluPIC...This is all it will do;

1 OFF

2 LOW

3 FAST BEACON

4 MED

5 SLOW BEACON

6 OFF

7 SOS

8 2 BLINKS, then nothing.

It started out with BURST in the number 1 spot...now I can't seem to get it back to that mode, and I can't find any user guide that matches what I have now.....HELP....:grin2:

Thanks,

TB

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So TB, clicking once gives [low], clicking twice [fast beacon], etc.. ?
So unless you have a custom interface, I suspect you have a v2.2 firmware
because there are 2 different strobe-frequencies (beacon & strobe).

However, if you say it "once" started with burst at the first click, it could only
have been you once set high-bightness to a low-level function, or maybe
have a custom interface...

Aanyway, assuming you are not in UI1 (default), try clicking 8 times to
switch from UI, e.g. go back to UI1, or UI2...

Hope this helps, if not, you could always send it in an assembled Ti body to me :)
(not that you would be getting it back.... :p)

More info about the different interfaces shown here:

Firmware v2.1:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/88623

Firmware v2.2:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/123520

vortechs

Enlightened
goldserve said:
- Brightness settings reduced to 10 so each brightness level will be noticable compared to the old levels 15-20. The new ones correspond to the old ones by {1,2,3,5,7,9,11,14,17,20}
- Slowed down brightness adjustment mode

Can anybody tell me how long (in seconds) it takes the "Set User Brightness" setting to cycle from min to max brightness in the V2.2 FLuPIC firmware?

Latest posts