Introducing FluPIC V2.2 firmware - User Guide UP!

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
Can anybody tell me how long (in seconds) it takes the "Set User Brightness" setting to cycle from min to max brightness in the V2.2 FLuPIC firmware?

I think it stays a second or something on each level, and then goes on to the next all the way to max, then goes back to low...
So maybe 10 secs more or less from Dimmest to Max...

The steps are different from previous firmware but it works quite good.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I can't measure thickness since I don't want to take them apart (yet) but they seem to be 18mm wide and have a negative contact edge/ring around the outside edge.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump, I'm tempted to try one of these. I think I could make an adaptor to make it fit. I am a complete NOOB when it comes to these things. How do you program them? Do they require a separate ground wire or will contact with the heasink suffice?

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Bump, I'm tempted to try one of these. I think I could make an adaptor to make it fit. I am a complete NOOB when it comes to these things. How do you program them? Do they require a separate ground wire or will contact with the heasink suffice?
That will depend on the sink you use.
It has a "ground ring" but also had a ground-contact. Either will do..

Pic showing the outher ground-ring on the bottom side:
(can be soldered on to also:) )
flupicfenixbot0bo.th.jpg

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
My agent here is correct. The flupic system uses a common ground with LED -'ve so if your heatsink is connected to the body and the body of the flashlight is ground, all you need to do is make connection to the heatsink and led-
ve also to the heatsink.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so let me get this straight. You change modes by turning on/off less than a second correct? And I tell you what programming I want and you program it for me, correct? I'm thinking of going Interface 5, but not sure yet.
Do you have to go thru all the settings to get to Off, or just wait more than a second and tap the button? This will be probably going in a Surefire C2 Centurion.

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Ok, so let me get this straight. You change modes by turning on/off less than a second correct? And I tell you what programming I want and you program it for me, correct? I'm thinking of going Interface 5, but not sure yet.
Do you have to go thru all the settings to get to Off, or just wait more than a second and tap the button? This will be probably going in a Surefire C2 Centurion.
May I ? :)
You can have all 5 interfaces programmed. You can switch to use any interface. (read on)
Given you have an on/off clicky and given light is set at UI1 now.
Your light is [off].
Click once [on] it will be on [Level1].
If you click your light [off] the light will turn off.
If you click twice, like [on]-[off]-[on] within a second, the light will be on [Level2].

If you want to use UI5, click 5 times [on], with no more then 1 sec paise between [on]clicks and you will get a series of flashes.
Flash 1 - UI1
Flash 2 - UI2
Flash 5 - UI5
This is where you click [off] your light and it is now saved to turn on on UI5 the next time you use it...

My advice, get it, play with it, you'll love it... :rock:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I ? :)

You can have all 5UIs on the board
and switch to them whenever you want. (read on).

Given you have a clicky-switch (click on, clock off)
and given you have the light on UI1 now.

Your light is [off] and you click it [on] once;
Light turns [on] on [Level1]
Click again (to off), light will turn off and "reset".
Next time you turn it on, same story.

Now, if you click twice, like [on]-[off]-[on]
and the [on]-clicks being no more then 1 sec apart,
the light will be on [Level2].
Click again for [off] and light will turn off and reset.

Click 5 times in UI1 [on]-[off]-[on]-[off]-[on]-[off]-[on]
and it will flash 5 options:
1 Flash - UI1
2 Flash - UI2
3 Flash - UI3
4 Flash - UI4
5 Flash - UI5

If you let go (click off) after any number of flashes,
you light will be in that mode. So if you let go after
5 flashes, you're in UI5 :)

My advice, get a FluPIC, play with it and fall in love with it.

:lolsign:

Cheers mate !

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW... My browser (read: CPF) crashed after writing the whole story once !!
I checked to see if it had posted and is was not there....

I rewrote the whole stuff again... Sorry for the "double" post... Not my fault...
Find any differences ? lol

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. Well I would be using the standard Z41 twisty/momentary push on tailcap. So if I press once and let go, it won't stay on in whatever mode I leave it? So lets say I want to get to the third setting in a given interface. I would press the button 3 times on/off ( each time less than a sec) and then have to hold the button down to stay in a particular mode, or could I release the button and it would stay on in that mode?

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 you've just about got it. yes 3 quick momentary pushes and click the third will stay on in third level. Now if you were to do 3 momentary pushes and not hold on the third for more than 1 second the chip remembers your about to go to 4th level. It doesn't matter how long its off. So lets say your in Mode 5 (Tactical) 3, 1/2 second pushes and off, now when you click on (or push) and you'll be at User brightness Level 1. See the chart.

Doc I totally dissagree reverse clickies are real tough to get a momentary push out of and momentary pushes are how you get through the levels not on/off clicks

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry kdog3 didnt read your z41 is an original non clicky

So you'd need to push and twist to keep the level on
Or twist on/off/on/off/on it works but not as easy like the Fenix twisties.
I couldnt stand it I love clickies see my Kooter modded P1D-CE in my sigline

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well If I have to get a Z58 clickie, then I will. I just want to understand this correctly before I jump into it. Now how are the current levels set. By the maker? Will the current levels be the same throughout all interfaces? I'm probably going to go with 850 for max, 450 for Med/Primary and 100 for low.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, this thing has alot of features. You guys need to make a "FluPIC for Dummies" guide for people like me. Where do we order the new 2.2 version from?

And just to clarify, I don't need a separate (third) ground wire and long as the negative contact ring/side is making contact with the heatsink/module body, correct?

Just got home from midnight shift so I'm gonna take a nap and check back later. I might order one then....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
But again, how are the current output levels set? I'm ready to order just need to clear a few things up.