Introducing Mac XM-L Series

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Introducing XM-L 18650 Series

I'm in for a Titanium one with deep reflector. Is it possible to not have the grip ring?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are the two different lengths of head and reflector backwards compatible with the EDC body's?

Looks great! and clip plans?

The head is not compatible with my EDC series lights. With the anti-roll tail a clip option will not be available.

Mac

ffemt6263

Enlightened
Will there be a clip option for the 26650 version that does not have the anti roll tail?

skfurr1

Newly Enlightened

(deleted dup post)

Last edited:

skfurr1

Newly Enlightened

Mac,

Let's do it! I know the battery tube will be longer (thus more Ti), and some addl labor to fit the Tri engine,
So just let me know how much more?

Thanks for being receptive for doing one-offs!

BTW, I absolutely love my Ti XM-L EDC and Ti Tri-EDC!
They are works of art!!! :)

Stephen

easilyled

Flashaholic
Very nice Mac. Reminds me of a certain host that I bought from you a little while back :)

IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1579_c.jpg

Maybe I need one of these beauties to add to my Mac collection.

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
I was telling myself just one more light now I need at least Two.
Any ETA on these?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know P60 compatibility is nice but it does look like Mac's light engine is going to be much better at heatsinking than a normal P60 drop-in

There is practically ZERO heatsinking with the P60 Drop-Ins. If there was enough interest I could make a run of P60 compatible hosts. Post 13 picture is a P60 Host.

Mac

TheExpert

Newly Enlightened
Mac, I looked on your site but couldn't find a price on the xml 18650 or the 26650. Do you have an idea of how much you will be selling these for?

easilyled

Flashaholic
Yes, the host pictured in post #31 of mine, is an 18500 P60 host.
Absolutely beautiful with really thick, chunky walls. :thumbsup:

Nailbender's XM-L drop-in does great in this and I can leave it on high for at least 10 minute periods. There is some heat-sinking via the thick external springs to the shelf in the head and via the reflector to the head and body.
I can feel the head heating up quite quickly and then starting to spread down towards the body.

Further heat-sinking can easily be attained by wrapping copper-tape (provided by Nailbender) around the reflector until there is a tight fit, although I haven't bothered in this instance.

Of course, the heat-sinking is definitely superior in the lights pictured in this thread, but I find mine to be more than adequate for my purposes and it does improve the versatility of the light by always being able to upgrade it so easily.

Last edited:

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I would definatley have an intererest in a p60 host in aluminum or even stainless...not the best heatsinking in stainless, but it would look cool as heck. I think a run of p60 hosts would be a great idea mac.

Latest posts