Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

G-code

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is the Springfield knurled in stone wash finish.

It was nice to see some of you guys over the weekend as well
My son really enjoyed seeing all the stuff he loves gadgets and tech type stuff.

ven

Flashaholic
Stunning...........WOW a work of art is an understatement! Never realised how small/compact they are...................awesome!!!:cool:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old pic I found on my phone of one of my Spys, but it may help give you folks a good size reference of the Spy. The thing is TINY. Look at it compared to the "small" single CR123 Surefire E1B 30th Ann! I will also say, the thing just fits flawlessly in your hand. I carry mine with the switch down. That way I can manipulate it with my pointer finger. As a footnote, the shape lends well to a Mouth Hold. It is easy on the lips! lol It is also known as the Fastest Light in the West. lol If you ever held one, you know why! The clicks of the switch have a therapeutic sound & feel!

A light with new Vegas switch just takes it out of this world. At night, I like to set mine where it locks out past level 2. So no matter how I flick it, it will never be too bright. Of course you can pull the Crown and set it anyway you like. That in conjunction with the programmability you can have total control.

6CA7DBD3-3F49-4D57-90AC-778142C21E08_zpsaqcnottw.jpg

jal

Newly Enlightened
I acquired a Spy just barely long enough ago to not quite feel the pain in the bank account, and now this happens.

It is gorgeous, Dave. It is tempting to reach for a cliche like, "you've outdone yourself", but you really haven't - these just keep consistently getting better and better.

I'm fully expecting to wake up some morning ten years from now to read the announcement of the SPY Skynet, after which our illuminated overlords will put us all to work in the titanium mines.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know one thing...the "Planer Topology Knurl" effort paid off. Love the new finish! The "ULTRA" is the pinnacle of Spies. Pictures are excellent, I need the "ULTRA" as my wallpaper...send me a picture Dave! Only decision is which LED.

Thanks for the heads up Ray! Not sure how I missed this thread.:D

DaveC1964

Newly Enlightened
Yes. To expand on that, it can be any cell chemistry in that size.
Primaries, li-ions or IMRs.
Primaries are better for levels not exceeding 1 - 1.5A
IMRs are best when using the highest level of 3.3A

How come non rechargeable batteries are better at 1-1.5A?

Also why are they called primaries? I am a noob on battery terminology I guess.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
How come non rechargeable batteries are better at 1-1.5A?

Also why are they called primaries? I am a noob on battery terminology I guess.
The primary batteries have a higher capacity but the voltage sags when you try to draw too much current, think of pouring water out of a bottle. The primaries have a bigger "bottle" but a smaller opening, where the rechargeable batteries are more like a cup and have a smaller capacity but you can pour more out of it at once.

Also I find myself wanting one of these, luckily I guess I don't have enough in the bank. :huh:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my first Spy yesterday and already looking for another...love these lights
Pics or it didn't happen! here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?196304-Spy-007-Pics/page18
:grin2:

This is funny:
"I'm fully expecting to wake up some morning ten years from now to read the announcement of the SPY Skynet, after which our illuminated overlords will put us all to work in the titanium mines."
Hopefully, Dave or a nice Cool Fall Minion will be our Spy Master.

FWIW: I run either Surefire CR123's or Soshine 3.0 Volt RCRs. I don't have the light set to run max in any way. I didn't buy it to run WOT or be a flame thrower.

WOT= Wide Open Throttle

Last edited: