Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

DucS2R

Enlightened
Have hung out on CPF for a long time in various sub groups, have a lot of nice lights but have always wanted a SPY 007. Can finally afford one. Really excited to see these coming out. Definitely sapphire head and Springfield Knurled machine finish. Now I just have to decide on the emitter (leaning toward XM-L2) and whether I want to pony up for the Vegas and vault knobs. Very exciting!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have hung out on CPF for a long time in various sub groups, have a lot of nice lights but have always wanted a SPY 007. Can finally afford one. Really excited to see these coming out. Definitely sapphire head and Springfield Knurled machine finish. Now I just have to decide on the emitter (leaning toward XM-L2) and whether I want to pony up for the Vegas and vault knobs. Very exciting!
I have the XP-L -Hi 5000K in my prototype right now. It has good color and throws good too. But, the hot spot is smaller and brighter than I am used to. I am not sure I will keep it verses an XM-L2 of 6000K. I have spent no time with the XP-L (domed) emitter yet other than as it is in the current Tri-V as a flood. Its slightly inferior thermal transfer (than the XM-L2) should be offset some by the new copper MCPCB and large copper heat sink with a solder junction.

Any chance the pre-flash when using sub lumen output on the first level is gone?
That is not changed. You can send me an email if you want to talk it over.

Any chance of the previous GG in the Saphire?
Not at this time. I will consider looking into it eventually but I can make no promises as to when that will be.

Cheers
Dave

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
The more I look at the Springfield Knurling, the more I see the work behind it, the beauty and usefulness---damn Dave, what a package!!!

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will post the sales thread for the 007 Sapphire tomorrow (Friday the 6th) at noon eastern USA time. Please post in that thread or send me an email if you want a light.

There are a multitude of various configurations. I have some parts ready. The first lights should go out next week. All the lights have Sapphire heads. I have some emitters here in stock and can get them quickly once I find out what people want. In stock emitters: XP-L-Hi is 6000K and 5000K, XM-L2 is 6000K and 5000K. If you know what you want please drop me an email ASAP (some of you already have). There is not really a default emitter for this light. If you are not sure what to get I recommend the XM-L2 as great for all around use. The various finishes are available and we have some of each ready. When they run out, it will not take long to make more because we have the process down. Of course the robot hiccupped the other day but I think it was a bad connector, you never know. In any case it should only take about three days to make any particular finish.

There is an Easter egg in this light and some of my CPF friends know what it is because they were at my place last week for a small get together. They are all sworn to secrecy. The first hints as to how to get to the Easter egg will be published here in about two weeks after the first lights ship. But here is the deal, if you find it before that time please talk to me before posting about it. The Easter egg is not a big deal, it is just for fun.
:naughty: :D :popcorn:

Just a little factoid: the 007 is at its 10 year anniversary from the date I first started its design. I am very excited to get these in your hands.

Cheers
Dave

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
YaHoo!!! Woulda responded last night but was too tired Soooo, congrats, thank you and, let the games begin!! :thumbsup:My Sapphire Spy wants and wishes as per our previous discussions.:cool: YaHoo!!:D

Karl

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Few minutes away from high noon !
Congrats on the 10 year anniversary Dave, that just makes this run even more special.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
programming example videos:

Red AW IMR batteries are required for this power level because of the current requirements. Please set the light to slot 3 or 4 prior to this programming if you want to take advantage of the automatic power shut off for when rechargeable batteries reach their minimum voltage.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a Sapphire, so I can't test my theory but I'll just throw this in:

And to be more specific (just in case there's something to it)

April 29, 2005 (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
May 19, 2005 (Starwars Ep III)
November 18, 2005 (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

So maybe PU2 -> Position 0 -> Position 1 -> Position 0 -> Position 5

Last edited: