Introducing the SPY 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I have a 3D ray trace rendering application that I used for the 007, it helped a lot too.

What program is that, Dave? :popcorn: Your rendering looks friggin' awesome.

I have VectorWorks, which is a CAD program that has awesome 3D rendering built into it. I'm a noob at it, but I'm learning! Rendering knurling has been one of the biggest challenges. I started actually drawing the knurling, but it was too tough for me to do, so I just used the knurled surface texture. :( :shrug:

Either way, this light is going to :rock:!!

:) john

The Coach

Enlightened
But we do have time for pizza. :D

IMG_0488s.jpg

Bro, that don't look like pizza to me. :sssh: Must be from western PA. :devil:

Nice light, though. :D

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me likey with no O-rings on the knob!! :thumbsup:

john

It does by no means need the o-rings to function. The new dual Teflon bearing sees to that. I had them on from day one and just now took them off to see how it would be without them. It is very easy to spin this knob.

I am thinking I will ship the lights without the o-rings on the knob but I will include the o-rings with every light for those who prefer them. The sticky rubber will not come off the knob easily. I had to work at it to get them off. They are easier to put on.

There are possibilities of colored o-rings too, like white Teflon o-rings on there. Also there may be glow-rings made in that size. The proper size is small and it stretches very tight.

O-rings can also be placed around the head and battery cap of the 007. The 007 grooves were designed to to make that possible.

Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
What program is that, Dave? :popcorn: Your rendering looks friggin' awesome.

I have VectorWorks, which is a CAD program that has awesome 3D rendering built into it. I'm a noob at it, but I'm learning! Rendering knurling has been one of the biggest challenges. I started actually drawing the knurling, but it was too tough for me to do, so I just used the knurled surface texture. :( :shrug:

Either way, this light is going to :rock:!!

:) john

That is Autodesk Inventor 2008's standard ray traced output. I modeled the knurling, that is the only way to get realistic views.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bro, that don't look like pizza to me. :sssh: Must be from western PA. :devil:

Nice light, though. :D

LOL, OK, what you got that is better? I love pizza! The best Pizza in the world is in Illinois at the U of I. It is a family owned shop called Papa Del's. The deep dish takes an hour to make and it is worth it. :grin2:

Cheers
Dave

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
That is Autodesk Inventor 2008's standard ray traced output. I modeled the knurling, that is the only way to get realistic views.

:eek:oo: You modeled knurling?!?! :duh2: :bow:

The best Pizza in the world is in Illinois at the U of I. It is a family owned shop called Papa Del's.

Hmmm... sounds great - maybe I'll go there tonight! :nana: (ok, I can't eat cheese, so not really, but I could watch my GF eat it! :D)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, OK, what you got that is better? I love pizza! The best Pizza in the world is in Illinois at the U of I. It is a family owned shop called Papa Del's. The deep dish takes an hour to make and it is worth it. :grin2:

Cheers
Dave

Oh no my friend, the best pizza has to be Grimaldi's in Hoboken, NJ, and Brooklyn, NY... thin crust, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and crushed plum tomato... simply AWESOME.

The three mom-and-pop pizzarias local to the Milky Labs deserve an honorable mention, too... for such a small and off-the-beaten-path town as we live in, the quality of pizza is quite good. Mmm... :naughty:

As for your own pizza photo: you cooked it with your USL, right? :poke: :crackup: :eek:oo: ;)

Oh yes, more on topic: that SPY007 knob looks GREAT even without the o-rings... as far as the rings themselves, what sort might you use that would not be subject to drying out and cracking? Just curious.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers
Dave

+1, I have to agree with Dave on this :bow: Best 'za i ever had was at Papa Dels as well. Too bad I was too broke in college to afford it very often. Do you remember Grogs? Good god that was awful.

2nd best: Great Plains Pizza in Ames Iowa (Iowa State)

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . . maybe I'll go there tonight! :nana: . . . )

:drool::faint:

Oh no my friend, the best pizza has to be Grimaldi's in Hoboken, NJ, and Brooklyn, NY... thin crust, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and crushed plum tomato... simply AWESOME.

The three mom-and-pop pizzarias local to the Milky Labs deserve an honorable mention, too... for such a small and off-the-beaten-path town as we live in, the quality of pizza is quite good. Mmm... :naughty:

As for your own pizza photo: you cooked it with your USL, right? :poke: :crackup: :eek:oo: ;)

Oh yes, more on topic: that SPY007 knob looks GREAT even without the o-rings... as far as the rings themselves, what sort might you use that would not be subject to drying out and cracking? Just curious.

Scott, I will forgive you for not knowing where the best pizza is, Jersey Boy. :nana: :tinfoil: :touche: 100W?!? you need more like 500W to cook pizza. :naughty: Anyway, Walt ran off with my USL. I had to do something after blinding him with the DB70. :santa:

Oh, and that is two votes for Papa Del's . . .

EDIT: Bruna-N (Nitrile) is a common material for o-rings. It will degrade eventually with UV light. But its other properties make it the most desirable for the majority of applications. Viton is another somewhat less often used o-ring material that has good resistance to UV rays and it is harder and more slippery

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened

Scott, I'll be up in JC tomorrow for a game, I guess I'll have to slide over to Hoboken and check Grimaldi's out. :drool:
The rest of youse guys, forget about it!!! :tsk:

Now, back to the lights. :thumbsup:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

+ 1 on Grimaldi's (Brooklyn; haven't been to the one in JC)
Don't forget Lombardi's (NYC), Totono's (Brooklyn), Nick's (Forest Hills), Arturo's (NYC), Di Fara (NYC), ...

I guess this isn't the Pizza Forum, so I'll shut up now.

The light looks awesome too!

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Bah... Yer all wrong. The best pizza has to be Rinaldi's in Longmeadow, MA. Wait, wait...I thought it was Sorella's in Bethlehem, PA. Well...I guess if nothing else, we can come up with a list of great pizzeria's around the US. :)

Regarding the 007...I might just have to break down and get one. It's looking perdy nice.

- Chris

fasteddie

Enlightened

Cheers
Dave

I agree with Dave 100%. I've never been there, but I REALLY want an 007. :crackup:

ibcj

Enlightened
Pizza.....schmeeza......Bring on the pics and videos ! :twothumbs
I can't stop checking out this thread just to look at the pics.

I'm so looking forward to this light, that I'm watching your youtube spy005 videos. Thanks for posting them. For someone like myself, who knows absolutely nothing about machining, I find them fascinating.:popcorn:

Okay, gotta go....it's Pizza Night and supper's on the table. ;)

dangorange

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I can't believe this light, if they are not all spoken for, I want in on that list!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my first time taking a hard look at a Spy and all I can say is...

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

and...

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

Simply stunning work. The newer design for me is a home run, the pitcanny rail is very slick and all of you freaks that are talking it up are going to cost me my marriage:green:

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
Grimaldi's (both of them) are great. Though the one in Hoboken was called Patsy's when I frequented it.

I managed to resist the SPY up until now, but I clearly need a SPY 007. The ultimate accessory for the secret agent who has everything. In the meantime, some action shots, please.

easilyled

Flashaholic
This is my first time taking a hard look at a Spy and all I can say is...

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

and...

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

Simply stunning work. The newer design for me is a home run, the pitcanny rail is very slick and all of you freaks that are talking it up are going to cost me my marriage:green:

Hopefully your wife is the understanding type and she won't mind the Spy007
nestled on a pillow in the middle of your bed between the two of you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.