Is Batteryspace gone?

hamhanded

Enlightened
The site has been offline for quite a while now. Anyone have contact info for them?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a charger from them about a month ago.
try to reach them by phone during working hours. 510-525-2328

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The site has been offline for quite a while now. Anyone have contact info for them?
They were alive and well ~12/20. I'd ordered a SkyRC MC3000 from them several months ago, and just received a second one from them right before Xmas. The invoice I received says 'Batteryspace.com / AA Portable Power Corp. Here's the active listing I saved for that item:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
I just pulled up their website and everything works. Even has a 2024 copyright on their name.

But holy COW! That web page design is straight out of 1995! Nice selection of products and prices, but the page layout dates to the Clinton administration.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
They got it right the first time, so they did not need to change anything over decades. Do not fix what ain't broken.

But then seems like we are looking at different sites, cuz their has copyright 2000-2023

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Welcome to 1995 2024:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_164650_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_164650_Chrome~2.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 39

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like 1995 just fine, lol

Attachments

• bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 35

Ocelot808

Enlightened
At least they keep it within the same century.

Although the blue highlighted hyperlink text is so AOL dial-up era it gives me a headache.

Like I said before, solid product lineup and prices. What really matters.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
YEs, i've been buying stuff from them for at least 15 years, never had an issue, thou they are slow shippers, but you can call them and talk to a guy who knows stuff, very helpful dude

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
YEs, i've been buying stuff from them for at least 15 years, never had an issue, thou they are slow shippers, but you can call them and talk to a guy who knows stuff, very helpful dude
Might depend on the merch ordered. I'd have to check to come up with hours, but I can say both of my MC3000 orders shipped out within 24 hours of order placement. They also arrived with professional grade packing.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Battery station has the oldest looking web site but there good folks I think they used to post here and his name was Kevin

chaosdsm

Enlightened
They're definitely back up....

I was going to order two prismatic batteries from them, but then I saw they charge a handling fee for all lithium ion battery UPS ground shipments that are not UN38.3 certified & even for UN83.3 certified battery packs over 300Wh or individual cells over 60Wh???

qFIDlfF.png

UPS ships dangerous goods by ground, within the contiguous USA, with no added fees. So why is BS adding a handling fee for UPS ground shipping within the contiguous USA on some Lithium batteries???

XyzBIEM.png

Even though my order would not require the extra handling fee, this makes me not want to buy from them...

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Sounds legit regarding handling fee.
Except that I just had an EVE LiFePO4 Prismatic cell delivered 1 week ago (NOT from BatterySpace) with free shipping and no additional charges. At 288Wh for the cell, it FAR surpasses Battery Space's handling fee limit of >60Wh per cell for UN38.3 certified batteries.

Here's the direct link to the UPS up-charge page for retail customers:

Notice that UPS Ground does not indicate any added charges for hazardous materials.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Except that I just had an EVE LiFePO4 Prismatic cell delivered 1 week ago (NOT from BatterySpace) with free shipping and no additional charges. At 288Wh for the cell, it FAR surpasses Battery Space's handling fee limit of >60Wh per cell for UN38.3 certified batteries.

Here's the direct link to the UPS up-charge page for retail customers:

Notice that UPS Ground does not indicate any added charges for hazardous materials.
Thank you.