Is it possible to repair wounded bread knives?

Theodore41

Enlightened
Hi.
I have two bread knives,a Kasumi and a Shun,and I have "wounded" both of them, cutting a loaf,one at a time,which had inside a metal part of a breadmaker.
Is it possible to repair these?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Are you able to post picture(s) of your "wounded" knives to get a better idea?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you talking abut serrated blades with 1/4" spacing between teeth?
If so, I've resharpened them by first draw filing the smooth side of the blade then using a ceramic sharpening stick inside the serration. They come out as sharpe as new.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Is the fix/repair something that you will attempt, or are you looking to send it out?

CLHC

Flashaholic

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fix my serrated kitchen knives like NoNotAgain, using fine, round files in the curves and flat files on the back. If there are large nicks, I would try to roughly pound them out or otherwise approximate the original shapes first. I find this satisfactory, but may not be the proper way. I think that having an exact shape to each serration is not so critical to good function, so long as it is sharp.

Theodore41

Enlightened
I fix my serrated kitchen knives like NoNotAgain, using fine, round files in the curves and flat files on the back. If there are large nicks, I would try to roughly pound them out or otherwise approximate the original shapes first. I find this satisfactory, but may not be the proper way. I think that having an exact shape to each serration is not so critical to good function, so long as it is sharp.

Thank you very much.