Is Surefire done with incandescents?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am kicking myself in the rear now as I sold a perfectly good bored 9P that I could have been running my 2 x 18500 cells in and my P90.

Yup, you let a classic virtually future proof platform go. You should be ashamed of yourself. Go to your room now! haha

Seriously, I will keep all my lights like that forever. I can slam a triple in it or throw some old school hot wire or maybe a new school hot wire. Options are endless. That is why I love them. Plus normals see just a regular light. Nothing fancy to steal in most cases. Obviously not all as some people will steal bubble gum.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ yeah I can see that.

Buy a Malkoff MD3 body and give yourself a break...and enjoy an M91w when he has some in stock...

I did have an MD3 and a M91W.... I let it go but I'm okay with that.
I kept the MD3 body and use it or my MD4 with my V4 WC

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I did have an MD3 and a M91W.... I let it go but I'm okay with that.
I kept the MD3 body and use it or my MD4 with my V4 WC

Seriously?

A 9P and MD3 w/M91?
Turn around and face the wall...we're gonna kick ya too. lol

Just joking. I've let a lot of things go over the years I'd like to get back...wish I still had that Evel Kinevel Western Flyer...that 77 Cutlass...several pocket knives..old Rayovacs, A&N mini mag clones...etc, etc.

Last edited:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The worst of it was the box of light bodies that were supposed to go to Precision Works to bet bored,

Mint M4 body,
Black C3,
HA C2,
and a Z2 Combat body!!!

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
He and I are emailing at the moment as I also need an IR drop in,

Appreciate you guys watching out for me. lovecpf

bykfixer

Flashaholic
SureFire might be done with incandecents....
But I'm not.

Neither is Streamlight.

The market changed. Fair enough. Even the $2 Dorcy comes with an LED now.

But as long as there are suppliers selling bulbs my little ole 6P's and G2's will still be in the rotation along with my 2015 TL 2's, Stingers and Strions.

And now that they've nix'd twisty switches in new lights....so long SureFire I won't be buying anymore of your products.
Nope, I'll throw my few $ at the little guys who appreciate their customers and don't cater to bean counter executives who choose data over people.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Just my two cents. I understand fully that Surefire is a business. They need to make money. No problem. Put a poll on your website. Which light would you like to see a run of. The tooling is LONG paid for. Do Sprint Runs, A'la Spyderco, Swissbianco, etc. A run of red G2's next year, limited number at a MODEST profit. Purple anodized 6P's in 2017. Bring back the original bodied L1 in black HA in 2018, make 2000 of them. Current driver and emitter. They would sell like hotcakes, keep people interested and watching their website, put them more in touch with the "little guy" who supports them. I've suggested this before, I'll suggest it again...

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just my two cents. I understand fully that Surefire is a business. They need to make money. No problem. Put a poll on your website. Which light would you like to see a run of. The tooling is LONG paid for. Do Sprint Runs, A'la Spyderco, Swissbianco, etc. A run of red G2's next year, limited number at a MODEST profit. Purple anodized 6P's in 2017. Bring back the original bodied L1 in black HA in 2018, make 2000 of them. Current driver and emitter. They would sell like hotcakes, keep people interested and watching their website, put them more in touch with the "little guy" who supports them. I've suggested this before, I'll suggest it again...

I think this is excellent, and I would imagine that it would be good business, too; you could make a profit on the items themselves while generating good customer will towards your company. Additionally, surely at least a few people that intend to buy just the special items would pick up an additional item they didn't plan on - and vice versa.

The only way to know would be to test it in practice...

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is excellent, and I would imagine that it would be good business, too; you could make a profit on the items themselves while generating good customer will towards your company. Additionally, surely at least a few people that intend to buy just the special items would pick up an additional item they didn't plan on - and vice versa.

The only way to know would be to test it in practice...
And if you had a few retired guys who would like to make a little spending money now and then who could come in and do the run it would be even better, and you wouldn't have an effect on your current production at all, except for a day or two's use of a few machines that could be scheduled around.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ speaking of retired guys...
Great idea btw...

SureFire seems to be going after a younger sect, now selling flat brim flexi-fit ball caps and all.
Fine n dandy.

They see the previous generation as a "the Price is Right" crowd....

Yet who's got all that disposable income?
Youngsters just getting going or 'the Price is Right' gang?
You guessed it...the old farts whose kids are grown or nearly, who earn way more after being in the business for decades...many cases house paid for, very few bills and stashing $100 bills in 401k's by the dozen.

Fine! Have at it SureFire....the Bank of America of flashlights.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do Sprint Runs, A'la Spyderco, Swissbianco, etc. A run of red G2's next year, limited number at a MODEST profit. Purple anodized 6P's in 2017. Bring back the original bodied L1 in black HA in 2018, make 2000 of them. Current driver and emitter. They would sell like hotcakes, keep people interested and watching their website, put them more in touch with the "little guy" who supports them. I've suggested this before, I'll suggest it again...

+1

I've always thought Surefire missed out by not doing more harder-to-lose "day-glo" colors for the G2/G3, such as fluorescent turquoise, toxic green, hazard orange, and GITD, and advertising them in in backpacking/climbing magazines aimed at for the outdoor/camping crowd. It would have been nice to have had a nitrolon version of A19 extenders. They could have come out with some easy-to-see colored lanyards, as well (that would have been easy to outsource).

I would also love to see a limited run of 6P and 9P lights in HA..

Last edited:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is a fantastic idea....

I may copy and paste that whole thing and email it to them....

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire might be done with incandecents....
But I'm not.

Neither is Streamlight. .

I remember the Streamlight guy down at the local Batteries Plus telling me that the NC home inspectors really love the Scorpions because of the all rubber handle and they can't use an LED for home inspections. Guess they haven't found warm tint LEDs yet I don't know. Just can't see things you need to see in a home inspection I guess unless you have a good Incan.

Works for me... :D