iTP A6 Polestar thread

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy this thing in a heartbeat if it has the Zebralight H501 UI where the user can have both low or high -- quick click for high or click and press for low.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I have commented on this light yet or not, but I'm looking forward to it very much.

At under 2 inches in diameter and under 7 inches in length, this is not a large light.

So here is the way I see it.

700 Lumens
160 Lumen medium mode!!!----YEA no wimpy 75 lumen middle setting.
Takes the worlds most popular batteries!
Has a low mode.
ONLY $79.00
I like the thought of a mid switch on a light like this.

Again, I'm looking forward to this light.

Bill

rumme

Newly Enlightened
As I mentioned earlier, even if this is overated in power by 100 lumens , Ill still be happy for a $70 light that uses AA batteries and is only 7 inchs long for $70 shipped.

Does anyone know if Itp company drastically overates the lumen estimates on their flashlights ?

In comparison, I purchased the Terralux 220 lightbeam for $30 , which is rated at 220 lumens , but someone said it is actually only 170 lumens , but I can still use it to lightup enough area and see my mailbox over 400 ft away at night.

I have never pre-ordered something, but for this new Itp light, it seemed like a baragain , so they got my money last week.

Ill still use my small Terralux for 90% of my needs, but its nice to know that out here in the sticks, if I need to see really far in the dead of night , the Itp should accomplish what I need.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
iTP uses emitter spec lumens like nearly every other company so the lumens are based upon the output AT the LED, not out the front. The usual rule of thumb is that OTF (out the front) lumens are around 80% of emluitter mens if there's a good reflector and AR coated lenses.

rumme

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for reply...

so realistically we might expect this light to produce 560 -600 lumens out in front.

thats about 3x stronger then any flashlight I currently own and still under
$ 80 . I can live with that :}

I made a promise to myself to not spend more then $100 on any one particular flashlight, when entering this hobby.

rumme

Newly Enlightened
this is suppose to be in stock today and shipped out to customers.

berfles

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have an M30 to compare this with? Curious how they will compare.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a promise to myself to not spend more then $100 on any one particular flashlight, when entering this hobby.

I bet a lot of us here wish we would of made that promise a long time ago! Good luck keeping it!

Any news on these yet. I'm waiting to here the first reports.

Bill

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't know if I have commented on this light yet or not, but I'm looking forward to it very much.

At under 2 inches in diameter and under 7 inches in length, this is not a large light.

So here is the way I see it.

700 Lumens
160 Lumen medium mode!!!----YEA no wimpy 75 lumen middle setting.
Takes the worlds most popular batteries!
Has a low mode.
ONLY $79.00
I like the thought of a mid switch on a light like this.

Again, I'm looking forward to this light.

Bill

Anybody know if L91's are OK in the Polestar?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the iTP A6 Polestar just arrived:) Here is the runtime with eneloops:

polestareneloopeng.gif

And one misty beamshot :)
itpa6polestarmlh.jpg

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice graph!Did you get any lux readings? Or at least with which flashlight is throw comparable?Thanks!

I didn't take any lux measurements yet. But the beam (and reflector) seems very similar to Olight M30. So you can expect something around 8-10k lux.

rumme

Newly Enlightened
the battery runtime graph seems inline with the manufacturer ratings of 90 minutes runtime on hi setting.

hopefully the lumens rating of 700 will also be as accurate .