ITP C9 Review - 1xCR123A/RCR - BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, RAMPING, etc.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
One question, how is the max output compared to a NDI or say a Fenix P2D at 180 lumens?
I've calibrated my lightbox to my Novatac 120P, as described here. If you believe the Novatac's 120 max lumen value, then I would say the NDI gets ~110-120 lumens (NiMH-14500), the P2D-Q5 gets ~160-165 lumens (CR123A-RCR), and the ITP C9 gets ~125-135 lumens (CR123A-RCR).

spyderknut

Enlightened
Nice review as always.

It either needs to be in a single woman's bedside table or in my pocket with the light end pointing medially and the switch end pointing down and the the left.

phosphor

Enlightened
Nice review as always.

It either needs to be in a single woman's bedside table or in my pocket with the light end pointing medially and the switch end pointing down and the the left.
It took me a minute; I'm older, and my mind doesn't automatically "go there" any more.

Very mildly amusing.....in a "junior high" kind of way

- regards

Last edited:

spyderknut

Enlightened
46, father of 3 yet not the first (nor last I suspect) time I've been called juvenile. Is double posting an early sign of sinility?:crackup:

Sorry for the hijack. The UI on this light is very cool. I love lights that allow me to decide lumens vs. hours!

gollum

Enlightened
thankyou Selfbuilt
great review...bought one due to your info being available.

btw ... how do you know when a light is about to expire on the extreme long run time tests? don't tell me you sit and watch?:tinfoil:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
btw ... how do you know when a light is about to expire on the extreme long run time tests? don't tell me you sit and watch?:tinfoil:
No, it's automated - I have a datalogger that pumps the data to my computer. It just means I need to leave my computer running overnight (or a couple of nights). That's why I try to limit my low mode runs to only protected Li-ion or primaries (I don't let anything go longer than ~3hrs on NiMH, because I need to be there to watch it).

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to see if I could improve the beam of my iTP C9 with a different reflector. The only one I had that was a good fit was an McR-17XR. It was a success, a much nicer beam to me. Using a Quickbeam type lightbox I saw that it improved the overall lux by 2100, that's about 30lm. I tried a different lens and that increased it by 700 lux. That's an overall lux improvement of about 40lm. It didn't improve the spot lux at all. These readings were with an RCR123 showing 3.9V.

Thought I'd pass this observation on to anyone it interested.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i took the Mcr17xre from my amilite cuty and wrap it with double sided tape and install it in my itp C9 and yes it was a new beauty :kiss:
with UCL lens much nicer.
Cannot believe from the stock manufacturer claim 190lumens now i have 230lumens pocket rocket by just adding these 2 items and i just love the UI :kiss:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
i took the Mcr17xre from my amilite cuty and wrap it with double sided tape and install it in my itp C9 and yes it was a new beauty :kiss:... and i just love the UI :kiss:
Glad you guys are enjoying modding your lights. FYI, the stock reflector is identical the original Olight partially-textured one, which does have some fans here. But to each his own. :)

And I have to agree, this is one of the best continuously-variable interfaces I've seen. :thumbsup:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
i took the Mcr17xre from my amilite cuty and wrap it with double sided tape and install it in my itp C9 and yes it was a new beauty :kiss:

What did you use the tape for? Does the Cuty reflector have a lip on it that fits over the Cree metal ring. The one I got from the Shoppe does, makes for perfect alignment.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you use the tape for? Does the Cuty reflector have a lip on it that fits over the Cree metal ring. The one I got from the Shoppe does, makes for perfect alignment.

yes it has the lips that fit over the cree metal ring.
i'm using the tape just in case the reflector move to the side if i drop the itp C9.But this is great set up - i'm glad i own it ;)

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review, after reading this i thought about getting one as well, mine should be here by tomorrow........thanks for taking your time to do this.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Is there a way to get too the lens.......or reflector.
I don't believe the head is potted, so you should be able to unscrew the pill assembly from inside the head with fine tweezers. The lens/reflector would then just fall out. I haven't tried this myself, but I recall someone mentioning it was easy to access.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats the problem i dont see the two little slots thats normally in the back of the pill like on some of my other lights.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Thats the problem i dont see the two little slots thats normally in the back of the pill like on some of my other lights.
Hmm, just took a look and don't see it either. I remember Nake posting in one of my ITP rewiews threads that he changed the reflector to an IMS version - you might want to check my other threads to see if he said how he did it (or contact him directly).