IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME! February Contest UPDATE

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME! February Contest

I would keep it handy for camping trips and winter storm power outages.

Thank you Fenix!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: IT'S GIVEAWAY TIME! February Contest

I've already been thinking about this light before I saw this thread. This makes me pretty excited. I really like the dome design, small size, magnetic base, and loop options. This gives me an incredible number of uses:
1. Single, all-purpose campsite lantern
2. Using 2 of these to light a campsite, rather than a single high powered light, provides great coverage. The dome design allows for hanging upside down from a tree without creating shadows like a more traditional design.
3. Car camping. I have a young family and once a year I go away on my own car camping trip where I sleep in the car. The hanging loop design would let me hang the lantern from one of the interior handholds to use as a light for getting ready and reading without running down the car battery.
4. Camping night light. Hanging from a loop in my tent to use as a night light for the kids. Also very handy for soft light during middle of the night diaper changes.
5. Power outage and earthquake preparedness backup. I like that I can place it on the fridge and keep it available but it's still out of the way
6. Early morning light for those early wake ups with the kids when a regular light is still too bright (especially since it's already on the fridge!)
7. Bathroom light. I find it relaxing to take my shower in a dim light and recently I've started tail standing a regular flashlight. This would probably provide a nicer light quality and it's small enough to fit on any shelf.
8. Late night summer reading on the back deck.
9. Car maintenance. Use magnet to mount on the underside of the hood or fender for engine work. Mount to the side of the car for doing tire rotations. Great to keep in the car for emergency use too.

I also really like that it takes multiple battery options including AA. I'm trying to standardize as much as possible to AA to use with Eneloops. It makes it especially good for emergency preparedness.

This is actually the light that got me to come to this sub-forum. I was reading a review on an early model recently and I noticed that a forum member suggested a design change to the battery compartment lid. Fenix posted a reply saying that they were going to implement the change. I am impressed with the responsiveness.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for giveaway.

DANG! A+ for effort. If I were Fenix I'd just give one to you. Hahaha ;)

Sundancer268

Newly Enlightened
This Month We Are Giving Away
Fenix CL20 Lantern

This little baby is so handy. It surely isn't just for camping. The magnetic feature as well as the hanging feature make it an all around light that could be used anywhere by anyone.

RULES FOR ENTRY FOR THIS GIVEAWAY

1. Tell us how you would use the CL20 lantern.
2. Giveaway drawing is Feb. 21

Thanks for being a part of our community!

I would give it to my Grand Kids when we are camping, it gets dark in their tent and they would appreciate the light to get them self's ready for bed with out having to do it before it got dark enough that they could not find their PJ's. Would use it myself when they are not with us. Thanks, Ed

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Use it as a everyday night light and bring it with me when driving at night - handy for roadside purposes.

Synergic

Newly Enlightened
I will use it for camping and emergencies.

Thank you for this new opportunity.

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
I'd give it to my elderly mom to use as an emergency light which she needs often because of power failures. I've given her some of those bedside press on lights that are junk and unreliable.
Thanks for the opportunity!

lichan

Newly Enlightened
I would use it while working in the attic which seems to happen several times a year mostly running wiring. Thanks.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
We spend a lot of time camping and it would be a terrific addition to our gear for those times when the gas lantern is just too much.

Thanks for the give away.
Bob

ShutterFinger

Newly Enlightened
I spend a fair amount of time camping in the desert and having this lamp with it's red light would be perfect for my tent. Nice to get up in the middle of the night and being able to enjoy the Milky Way since your night vision wasn't blown out!

gilson65

Newly Enlightened
I would leave it in the car as a emergency light i do a lot of camping also so i definitely would use it on trips away thanks for the opportunity to win fenix store

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
At home, it is a power failure/backup light. Also to provide illumination in one of my granddaughters "castle/fortress/tent".
When camping, to play cards by, to illuminate the kitchen area for food prep and interior tent lighting.
The number of options for this light is endless! Thanks for the giveaways!

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I use it to help my Mom navigate the house at night. One placed in the hallway illuminates
the area in soft red & can be easily taken with her as she moves about. Would love another for me.

Swede74

Enlightened
I would use the mid or high setting to provide enough light to safely walk from home to a nearby lake, where I would use the low setting for cozy mood lighting when I enjoy a cup of tea and a late night snack. If need be, I would use the turbo mode to scare off any rowdy teenagers trying to cramp my style :grin2:

Mp0w3r

Newly Enlightened
I would use it to work on my car, and at work, I work at a public train railroad and some of the rooms have no lights so this would be perfect.

Thanks for for the giveaway :thumbsup:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are so Handy to have around. As my name here I would you use it at my office grid cabins. There are so many situations it would come in handy. Thanks fenix store for the giveaway.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the giveaway. I would use it In a closet also or in the car. The light in the car is so directional I usually have to pull out a light to look at paperwork in my delivery boxes

Antykain

Newly Enlightened
I do a lot of camping here in the Smoky Mountain region of Tennessee where I live.. The CL20 would be put to good use, for sure!