It's here the Zebralight SC5C MK II H CRI

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CRI of 93-95, and it *still* puts out 475 lumens on an AA battery? That's...amazing.

This probably is not the model that I'm going to get--I'm more partial to the H52/SC52 series than to the SC5 series--but once they put this emitter into some other models, I will be buying it.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the Google Docs comparison page, and one thing puzzles me.

They list the soon-to-be-released H53c and H53Fc. But then they say that the H53Fc is "spill and spot", where the H53c is "floody".

Those have got to be backwards, right? They just swapped the beam descriptions?

I'm very excited about this. A little bit sad that the new H52 replacement will not accept 14500s anymore. But if they are using the same circuit as the SC5c, so that it will put out 450+ lumens, then I will overlook my disappointment. (I hope they will not bulk up the weight of the H53c--that would be a big mistake.)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the Google Docs comparison page, and one thing puzzles me.

They list the soon-to-be-released H53c and H53Fc. But then they say that the H53Fc is "spill and spot", where the H53c is "floody".

Those have got to be backwards, right? They just swapped the beam descriptions?

I'm very excited about this. A little bit sad that the new H52 replacement will not accept 14500s anymore. But if they are using the same circuit as the SC5c, so that it will put out 450+ lumens, then I will overlook my disappointment. (I hope they will not bulk up the weight of the H53c--that would be a big mistake.)

Yeah, they have it backwards. The Fc is the floody model.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
And... the Google Doc has been corrected!

Huh--almost makes you wonder if someone at ZL might have seen this thread....

If so--Hello, Zebralight! I love your lights! Take care of yourselves!

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Very interesting... I like the new clip too (never cared for the original one)... Will have to wait for reports and beamshots once these start getting shipped and received by the end-users...

Hey what do you all feel would be a reasonable asking price for re-selling a ZL SC5w that's in excellent condition? $40?

gunga

Flashaholic
I prefer my clip.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1491003808.982060.jpg

TCY

Enlightened
thanks for the battery weights, the 18650 is 56% heavier than the AA Eneloop pro

lets compare models with similar 90+ CRI
the SC600fd 3Plus weighs 78 grams, and offers the 90+ CRI of the SC5mk2 that weighs 49 grams (albeit w a different LED)
the 18650 light is 59% heavier, empty

SC600fd 3Plus w 18650 = 125 grams
SC5mk2 w Eneloop Pro = 79 grams

the 18650 90+ cri light is 58% heavier than the AA Eneloop light w 90+cri

the SC600fd 3Plus with One battery, weighs 14% more than the SC5mk2 w TWO Eneloop pro

did I get the math right?:)

According to ZL's product page, the Mk III Plus weights 64 grams. so -14 grams gives you 125-14=111 grams, roughly 40% heavier than the AA high CRI combo.

TCY

Enlightened
I said in the other duplicate thread that I'm not sure if I should get it as it will just become a dust collector 95% of the time, since I carry the Mk III Plus and I'm perfectly happy with it. The H53Fc is another story though.. maybe I'll grab one of these and wait for the promised sc64 series coming out later this year, hopefully a SC64c/Fc with the same emitter and the sweet 2 step MacAdam ellipse tint range.

BTW if you are reading this ZL, thank you for sourcing those 2 step LEDs. It seems like the tint lottery is going to be a thing of the past.

Correction: We only get rid of tint lottery when mass quantity of LEDs that are within 1 step MacAdam ellipse are available. 2 is still great and makes sense economically. Remember that the Mk III Plus uses XHP50 within a 3 step MacAdam ellipse and most of the buyers were happy with the tint. Although not perfect, I don't think the SC5c II/H53Fc are going to be a tint lottery like we used to do, 99% of the time.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for catching my mistake, I had looked up a different SC600 model

so
the SC5cMk2 with TWO batteries, weighs slightly less than the SC600fdMk3Plus with One battery

I do think the SC5cMk2 High CRI sounds like a winner for people that do not require LiIon

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll probably preorder this tonight. I've been waiting for the SC5 to be upgraded with a high cri emitter. It's also about 10 grams lighter according to the specs. A tint of 4000k and 93-95 cri with a 2 step MacAdam ellipse sounds like a winner to me. I'll probably sell one of my older Zebralight to make room for this one.

Something else I noticed about this light... the brightness settings have been tweaked a good deal from the old SC5 model. Medium has 79 now vs 45 lumens and has an extra mode too. Anyone else see this? Also the high mode is about 40 lumens brighter on each sub-level and the step down too.

Edit: Went ahead and placed my preorder. Hopefully I'll get in on the first shipment! It's going to be tough waiting a month for this one.

Last edited:

sampson2269

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably preorder this tonight. I've been waiting for the SC5 to be upgraded with a high cri emitter. It's also about 10 grams lighter according to the specs. A tint of 4000k and 93-95 cri with a 2 step MacAdam ellipse sounds like a winner to me. I'll probably sell one of my older Zebralight to make room for this one.

Something else I noticed about this light... the brightness settings have been tweaked a good deal from the old SC5 model. Medium has 79 now vs 45 lumens and has an extra mode too. Anyone else see this? Also the high mode is about 40 lumens brighter on each sub-level and the step down too.

Edit: Went ahead and placed my preorder. Hopefully I'll get in on the first shipment! It's going to be tough waiting a month for this one.

[emoji1360] I placed my preorder about 30 min ago, can't wait to get one of these bad boys, frickin love my zebralights!

mhanlen

Enlightened
I would actually like a floody version of this My current Mk III HI is a little too throwy for most of the stuff I use it for. Looks nice... and I still might pre-order.

TCY

Enlightened
I would actually like a floody version of this My current Mk III HI is a little too throwy for most of the stuff I use it for. Looks nice... and I still might pre-order.

Review incoming? :naughty:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting... I like the new clip too (never cared for the original one)... Will have to wait for reports and beamshots once these start getting shipped and received by the end-users...

Hey what do you all feel would be a reasonable asking price for re-selling a ZL SC5w that's in excellent condition? $40?

I'll take it. Unless that's an April fools joke then I'll repeat my interest tomorrow