It's here the Zebralight SC5C MK II H CRI

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it unreasonable to expect no unwanted surprises in the first batch?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it unreasonable to expect no unwanted surprises in the first batch?
I would wait if your concerned and don't want to be a beta tester. ZL has a history of having issues with their new releases but, they usually quickly work them out in later batches. It's never a good idea to buy the first release of anything(not just flashlights) imo. Companies often don't test new products as well as they should before releasing to the public these days.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I would actually like a floody version of this My current Mk III HI is a little too throwy for most of the stuff I use it for. Looks nice... and I still might pre-order.

The standard SC600 III is very nice IMO. I sold both the neutral white and cool white. They were a nice balance between the frosted and HI. I just ended up using the HI for most of my needs and felt like it was redundant to have both.

tocirahl

Newly Enlightened
I would actually like a floody version of this My current Mk III HI is a little too throwy for most of the stuff I use it for. Looks nice... and I still might pre-order.

I just contacted Zebralight about an Fc light and although they said they didn't have anything planned, they were able to put a note on my order to have my light made with a frosted lens instead of clear! You might want to try contacting Zebralight to see if you could get the same kind of deal.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I would like that same LED with an 18650 driving it. As it stands, you're getting the same thickness, but only saving about a half-inch of length to run with a far less beefy Eneloop as opposed to a high-drain 18650.

that will probably happen, but, it will be 60% heavier than SC5mk2 (both with batteries)

fwiw, ONE 18650 cell weighs as much as TWO AA cells,
and the 18650 SC600 series (empty) is more than 40% heavier than an SC5mk2

One SC600 w One battery is as heavy as One SC52 w THREE batteries :)

Im using actual facts for what exists today
He wasn't talking about an existing 18650 light. He is just describing his hopes (and mine) for a more perfect light. By his description you can tell he is referring to the SC62/63 line, not the 600 series.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Presumably the SC5Fc II, with a slightly smaller reflector, and without the flattened high intensity "dome", should be a little bit floodier than the SC600 III, without being nearly as much so as the frosted lens versions.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will be preordering this as well. Though they now finally have the SC32w in stock too. OF course I already have an SC5w. But, that's not hi CRI. This will be better in the woods than either of those. Might have to do the CPF thing and get both. :)

TCY

Enlightened
Hude update: the MK2 now features multiple UI group.

"New generation SC5, with cool white (600Lm), neutral white, high CRI versions and multiple UI groups"

Multiple UI Groups

• This light comes with three UI groups, G5, G6 and G7. The G5, set as the factory default, can be selected with 5-click from OFF, while G6 and G7 can be selected with 6-click and 7-click from OFF respectively. UI group selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
  • In all three UI groups
    • H can be either H1 or H2; M can be either M1 or M2; L can be either L1 or L2
    • from OFF: 1-click to H; 2-click to M; press and hold to cycle from L, M to H
  • In G5
    • H1 is fixed at 475Lm, H2 can be 352, 236, or 144Lm
    • M1 is fixed at 79Lm, M2 can be 40, 18, or 7.4Lm
    • L1 is fixed at 2.8Lm, L2 can be 1.0, 0.28 or 0.08Lm
  • In G6 and G7
    • H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levels
    • Double-click 6 times at the H1, H2, ... L2 to enter the programming mode for that level. Once in the programming mode, use double-click to go up one level and triple-click to go down one level. Use 1-click to exit the programming mode
  • Three consecutive 5-click (or 6-click, 7-click) to reset the G5 (or G6, G7) back to the factory default settings

TCY

Enlightened
Nevermind I see Connor mentions this in the ZL official thread right after I click send :wave:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even more excited about my preorder now. The discussion is relevant here too since it's the first ZL to have the programmable UI! When I emailed them they said no plans to add it to the AA model this year but I guess they changed their mind and were able to fit it in! The preorder date is a month later than they said so maybe that's why the delay :) Either way I'm really excited, I can finally program my H1 mode as a medium brightness if I want or vice versa.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Yeah I'm more intrigued now... Still think I'm going to wait for the initial reviews before pulling the trigger...

markr6

Flashaholic
Even more excited about my preorder now. The discussion is relevant here too since it's the first ZL to have the programmable UI! When I emailed them they said no plans to add it to the AA model this year but I guess they changed their mind and were able to fit it in! The preorder date is a month later than they said so maybe that's why the delay :) Either way I'm really excited, I can finally program my H1 mode as a medium brightness if I want or vice versa.

0.8hrs on H1 (475lm) isn't something I want to mess with, so programming H1 at 352 and H2 at 144 is something I would probably do to buy some extra time. We'll see how much I miss having that highest output once I get the light though. I like this!!

Yeah I'm more intrigued now... Still think I'm going to wait for the initial reviews before pulling the trigger...

I jumped on this quick. I can always return it.

TCY

Enlightened
So I asked ZL and got confirmation that the new H53c/Fc will feature the multiple UI as well. Definitely will get one.

Witterings

Enlightened
UI looks good ... shame it's not possible to update older torches to the same, I'd ideally go between the 312 lm and 139 settings on my SC600w Mk III HI if I could when cycling depending on where you are but having to re-program is waaaayyyyyy toooo much of a faff!!!

Still ... gives me an excuse for more torches if they integrate it into other models :laughing:

Swede74

Enlightened
0.8hrs on H1 (475lm) isn't something I want to mess with, so programming H1 at 352 and H2 at 144 is something I would probably do to buy some extra time. We'll see how much I miss having that highest output once I get the light though. I like this!!

475 lm would still be there - never more than 16-17* easy clicks away :laughing:

*15 to revert to factory settings +1 to turn on the light, +2 if you have to turn it off first.

es40v9.jpg

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
475 lm would still be there - never more than 16-17* easy clicks away :laughing:

*15 to revert to factory settings +1 to turn on the light, +2 if you have to turn it off first.
Or just switch to G5, or have the other G6/G7 have it. Only 5-7 clicks away.

Swede74

Enlightened
Or just switch to G5, or have the other G6/G7 have it. Only 5-7 clicks away.

You are absolutely right. How could I not see that there was a much easier way? Well, if I wasn't taken with the new UI before, I am now.

markr6

Flashaholic

es40v9.jpg

I wouldn't be using G5. H1 and H2 are programmable in G6 and G7. Just like roger-roger said in another thread:

H1 352
H2 236
M1 144

Done :)

Last edited: