• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to Top Gear, Auckland

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Terrible experience with Top Gear, Auckland, I fully regret buying anything from them.
This thread is a place holder for when I have time to populate it with specific info.

It continues to get worse, I'm now into the 4th month of dealing with them, actually the 3rd because they stopped responding after I sent the torch back March 9th after it took 2 months to get them to agree to let me return it

slow to respond to questions and emails in general
slow to post the goods
forgot the free battery
forced me to provide an alternative address due to them running out of labels for the company who deliver to PO Boxes [NZ Post]
difficult to communicate with
changing their minds between emails
miscommunication
and now refusing to confirm or deny receipt of the parcel or even respond
they agreed to refund me instead of exchanging it because it was easier [they were so difficult to deal with I just agreed to the refund, I suggested it even]

Paypal dispute raised in an effort to get something anything to happen
Paypal dispute rebuffed and a "token gesture" of $15 refund offered if it was returned in unused condition [it was faulty and they knew this]
Paypal claim denied
Paypal won't refund me because they won't confirm or deny receipt of the parcel
My bank won't refund me without tracking info
Klarus have been emailed directly
NZ Post claim filed today

I just don't see how it's fair that I get hammered on this just because they don't respond
If the NZ Post claim falls flat I'll talk to the Police and if that doesn't work I'll pay them a visit in person [absolute final last resort]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5fbwviLGkA

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yowser, that's ridiculous, I will steer clear of this outfit.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
That was me dreadmeat. I momentarily confused topgear with gearmonky for a minute and you must have seen it before I edited and corrected it. It was only there for a minute or two.

Last edited:

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Well I have no car and the bus there and back will chew up half a day and cost $12 and I'm likely to be told the manager or whoever isn't in and to call back another time etc
Remember these people haven't responded to me directly for 5+ weeks...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that is some serious PWM in that first part of the video! :):)

Good to see Klarus stand behind thier product. Not so good to see a vendor behave in this alleged manner. Hope it works out for you.

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
And in a surprise and confusing move my bank has said they have refunded me, the email was a bit ambiguous though...
I'm not considering this over till I have the money back and there is no way it can be reversed back out of my account.

7 weeks not a single email in reply from Top Gear Auckland, worst online purchase ever.

I'll update when I have more info

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Can you ring them? Let them know you'll be telling all your mates about your experience, and posting on review sites all over the web....

I could ring them but it won't get me anywhere, I sent my final polite email just now.

Also I just bought myself a Fenix PD35 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Top Gear, Auckland changed their Trade Me username and now use phillux60 :thumbsdow
Why would they do that, also in case I didn't mention it they have blacklisted me so I can no longer ask them questions on their listings.

They still haven't responded to my emails, it was returned 2 months ago, they haven't responded to Paypal now either.
Also they haven't confirmed if the parcel has arrived or not even though NZ Post sent them the documents.

Top Gear PP-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx Merchandise Chargeback -$85.90 NZD 23/04/2015 Being Reviewed By PayPal 3/05/2015 View

I appear to have a refund/chargeback but it's not confirmed, so this is now 5 months?

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Right! now NZ Post have informed me Top Gear Auckland have failed to respond to their request [confirmation of delivery]
I've asked NZ Post to send that to me in a separate email so I can give that to my bank and Paypal, sweet! :twothumbs

Case Reference # xxxxxxxxxx

Date Created: 21/04/2015 12.16 AM
Date Last Updated: 08/05/2015 10.43 AM

Response by Adam 08/05/2015 10.43 AM

Hi Todd,

They did not respond to the denial of receipt letter we have sent to their address either sorry.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Thanks for contacting New Zealand Post.

Kind regards,

Adam
Customer Service Representative

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Hmm well it appears to be finally over, Paypal have updated the transaction to "case closed" and the money appears to be back in my account.
It only took 5 months.

Jeers to Top Gear Auckland for the most painful buying experience ever, truly awful every step of the way :thumbsdow

dreadmeat

Newly Enlightened
Just when you thought this couldn't possibly get any worse, it does!

The seller's bank have now made a reverse claim against my claim, so now I'm stuck with the choice of cancelling my credit credit or hoping the system stands up and they can't reverse the already reversed charge.

All this because they refused to communicate with me after I returned the faulty torch.

Top Gear Auckland :sick:

buddyrohr

Removed by his own request
maybe you can send your bank the paypal dispute details as documentation. sometimes there are free public advocates that help consumers with business disputes sometimes all it takes is a letter from a lawyer/barrister etc to let the other side know no hanky panky will be tolerated. if they are disputing to paypal i doubt theyll get the time of day since paypals decisions are final and usually they take the customers side unless the customer behaved improperly

Status
Not open for further replies.