JETBeam Intellicharge i4

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked, with a 12volt 7.1amp sla battery as a power source, with 4 x 18650 2400mah cells it pulls approx 860ma using the 10amp scale on my dmm.

Below is how many ma is pulled from 1-4 cells, this is a quick and dirty test, i dont have a data logger.

1 x 440ma
2 x 860ma
3 x 860ma
4 x 860ma

John.

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
My data is different than your, just about 300mha with four batteries from a 12volts sourge. No big difference charging just one. I will post a video later.

In fact, the draw is not stable or costant, varies or fluctuates, lowers and raises...

Sent from my phone with camera with flash and internet on it... :D

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast

Spartacus001

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my i4 Via Ebay about 2 months ago and had problems with it out of the box.
I plugged it into 120v outlet and nothing. No Power LED, no flashing bay lights, nothing.
On the 5th try the Power and yellow lights flashed on for a second and then faded.

I contacted by the seller and Nitecore. The seller said he'd be sending me a 2nd unit. Nitecore asked me to send the charger in.

Upon testing the power cord I discovered the problem. The power cord was dead. It had a internal breakage near the stress relief at the receptacle end.
I had a spare cord with the figure '8' format and when I plugged it in and Volia! It was working.

Since then I have used the charger about 6 times with:
New Xtar protected 3100mAh
4 year old Samsung Unprotected 2600mAh
1 year old No-name brand blue jackets

I've used 4 bays and 2 bays. It did take at least 8 hrs to charge up 4 batteries from 3.47v
The charger was warm and all of the cells terminate at 4.19-4.20
By mistake and inserted one 18650 upside down and didn't notice it for hours. The bay correctly flashed the error message.

Despite the power cord issue, I'm pretty happy with the charger. A Bonus if the 2nd one actually arrives.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

herosemblem

Enlightened
Interesting you mention that, Spartacus.
I love my Intellicharge I4v2, and it has performed wonderfully.
I noticed, however, that ~4mm of the pink and blue individual wires are now exposed at the stress point where the power cord connects/fuses to the rubber flexi-joint. A little disconcerting, but I will probably just try to find a similar cord online rather than contacting Nitecore or the vendor.

Does anyone know what this power cord is called? Is there a specific name for this type of plug shape?

HKJ

Flashaholic
I noticed, however, that ~4mm of the pink and blue individual wires are now exposed at the stress point where the power cord connects/fuses to the rubber flexi-joint. A little disconcerting, but I will probably just try to find a similar cord online rather than contacting Nitecore or the vendor.

Does anyone know what this power cord is called? Is there a specific name for this type of plug shape?

The connector is called IEC 60320 C7.
The mains plug for US is called NEMA 1-15P.

This is a standard cable, you can probably find it in many shops, but showing the old cable will probably work better than the type numbers.

Spartacus001

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad I replaced the cord as the typical 120 V North American appliance cord is at least 4x as thick
as the skinny OEM 220V cord.

UrbanLegend

Newly Enlightened
I received my Jetbeam I4Pro "Interllecharger" v.2 charger yesterday after ordering from Jetbeam via Amazon.

When I opened the package, the only cord had a European plug, although it wasn't described that way on Amazon and was ordered from, and shipped to, my home in USA.

A cord from my Nikon battery charger fit the I4 so I tried it and seems to be charging OK. So I just ordered a Nikon battery charger replacement cord so I have one for each of the chargers.

Also there is no owner's manual with the charger, if anyone has a link to the new ver. 2 manual please let me know!

Update: I contacted the seller through Amazon (it was actually East Face Sci & Tech). They responded, on a weekend, within a couple of hours and have already shipped a replacement USA compatible charger cord. Very quick, friendly response and I am now a happy camper. Meanwhile I am using the charger with a cord from a Nikon charger and it works beautifully! Have charged about 16 18650 batteries and could not be more pleased with the result. BTW in doing follow-up research I noticed one seller of the I4 refer to it as "Ver. 3", as opposed to "Ver. 2". They indicated in the ad that v. 3 replaces the plastic spring slides with metal ones, eliminating the one common complaint with this charger. My charger was advertised as V. 2 b ut does have the metal slides, which are solid and smooth.

Last edited:

gradio

Newly Enlightened
Received mine Thursday and its been going nearly charging battery after battery, only not used when I'm sleeping.
I like it!

I had several batteries charged almost a week ago (AA NiMh) from a couple other chargers, so I threw 4 in the i4 and it ran some charge time indicating (to me) that maybe my other chargers were terminating when the batteries could have taken more.
Started out charging 16 eneloops AA's, now sweeping through several misc. other NiMh AA's.
Doesn't heat up hot like one of my other chargers, and doesn't get the batteries so hot like one of my other chargers - we'll, maybe I can't say that anymore because I done threw my other chargers (5 of them) in the trash yesterday, except kept one - Sanyo 4-bay that had came with some eneloops some time ago I guess for backup. Oh and one other charger because it charges 9-volt batteries and the i4 doesn't.
On my next order, think I'll get another i4.
I like that when one shows done charging, I can pull it and drop in another. No resetting the charger (unplug, load, plug-in)

Add - no regrets

Last edited: