JETBeam Intellicharge i4

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, i have seen it going back and forth... Is this charger too much for 10440's?

I was considering some trustfire protected 10440 for my LD01, but not if it means having to get another charging set up (i like having one charger that does it all...).

No, it is not to much for 10440

Edit, yes, it is too much, have to charge two batteries

SFMI4UT

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
So, i have seen it going back and forth... Is this charger too much for 10440's?

The usual rule for ICR batteries is not to charge with more than the marked capacity, i.e. a 300mAh cell must not be charged with more than 300mA (For larger cells is is recommended to use less charge current).
This makes the i4 unsuitable for a single 10440, SysMax does know it and has a warning in the manual.
Because the i4 reduces charge current with two batteries in the correct slots, it is possible to charge two 10440.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Thanks for the info, maybe I go camping the next week, what kind of 12v battery are you using?
SFMI4UT

Industrial 4D, Energizer Brand (from Sam's club).
I did the work at one time to figure out the real manufacturer, but at this time I no longer remember.
It's setup with 6 Anderson SB50s and a few cigarette style automotive connectors.
Running a portable Wifi setup, a Sterling Engine refrigerator, laptop, and a few battery chargers.
All charged by a Ship-N-Shore 15 amp charger.

sspc

Newly Enlightened
The usual rule for ICR batteries is not to charge with more than the marked capacity, i.e. a 300mAh cell must not be charged with more than 300mA (For larger cells is is recommended to use less charge current).
This makes the i4 unsuitable for a single 10440, SysMax does know it and has a warning in the manual.
Because the i4 reduces charge current with two batteries in the correct slots, it is possible to charge two 10440.
But even with the reduced charge, isn't the reduced current still too high (375ma)?

HKJ

Flashaholic
But even with the reduced charge, isn't the reduced current still too high (375ma)?

You are correct, it is a bit high. The idea with needing two 10440 in the correct slots is also a bad idea.
In my review I do say that the current is too high.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Industrial 4D, Energizer Brand (from Sam's club).
I did the work at one time to figure out the real manufacturer, but at this time I no longer remember.
It's setup with 6 Anderson SB50s and a few cigarette style automotive connectors.
Running a portable Wifi setup, a Sterling Engine refrigerator, laptop, and a few battery chargers.
All charged by a Ship-N-Shore 15 amp charger.

Ok, great, thanks a lot...

topcho

Newly Enlightened
I got the new version and can't be happier. Very consistent cutoff voltages; you cam mix and match the 2 chemistries in any way you want. SO far it looks like the perfect charger. I haven't tried 4 18650 though. 110v

CM2010

Enlightened
My v2 will only charge my various 18650's to 4.16 - 4.17v is this normal?

cyclesport

Enlightened
My v2 will only charge my various 18650's to 4.16 - 4.17v is this normal?

I have two of these chargers and my various brands of newer 18650's typically finish at around 4.23/4.25v. Sounds like you probably have lots of cycles on your batteries and perhaps are approaching end of life? If your 18650's are new(er), then it may be a charger problem.

cyclesport

Enlightened
They are all mostly brand new, eagletac and keep power 3100's.

If the charger is new, I would contact the dealer and ask for an exchange. If you use them... I'm curious at what voltage your 16340 and 18350 ICR/IMR's finish? Using this charger(s), mine usually charge to 4.17/4.19v w/16340 ICR's.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have patience to read entire thread. Any kind person will tell me if this charger can charge 4 18650 or 26650's at one time?

If not, I will forget about this charger.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question, I picked up the i2 version, and my searches turned up little about this charger specifically. Is it normal, or at least fine/safe that my charger is making a buzzing noise? It's very faint, and you have to put your head 1-2 feet to hear it, but it sounds like zzz zzz zzz. I'd assume it's doing this when it's checking for another battery in the unused slot (I was only charging one 18650).

HKJ

Flashaholic
Just a quick question, I picked up the i2 version, and my searches turned up little about this charger specifically. Is it normal, or at least fine/safe that my charger is making a buzzing noise? It's very faint, and you have to put your head 1-2 feet to hear it, but it sounds like zzz zzz zzz. I'd assume it's doing this when it's checking for another battery in the unused slot (I was only charging one 18650).

A buzzing noise is very common from any kind of power converter, both buck/boost regulators in lights and mains power supplies in chargers and other equipment, it is usual nothing to worry about. I have recently posted a review of the i2 and it looks like a good charger.

robcope

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if this is a good charger for C batteries? I want to buy some of the tenergy centura C batteries that will be used in some toys and lights. Sorry if I missed the answer.