JETBeam Intellicharge i4

infinus

Newly Enlightened
Man, that's one funky algorithm..... I wonder what it's criteria is for kicking out of CC? On the 1 RCR it dropped out by 3.8 volts while on the 18650 it dropped out at over 4?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't buy a car charger lead. Does any body know the polarity of the centre pin ? Is it centre positive?

Thanks

Sensination

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I new to the community and I got "the sickness" :)

Part of it was buying Intellicharger i4, therfore I have a question:

When one battery is charged, do I have to wait for the others to charge or can I remove it?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I could not find anything via search.

tandem

Enlightened
That doesn't sound like a stupid question at all; the charger has only two independent charge channels. Channels 2 and 4 and 1 and 3 work as a team. If all were fully independent then you'd be able to take out cells at will, but that isn't the case.

If you have four cells in and remove one, thus potentially affecting what the charger thinks it knows about the other paired bay, what happens to the charge process at the other bay for that channel?

Maybe ask HJK in his review thread on this charger.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
24 hours is definitely not within specifications for the charger. I used about 11 hours to charger 4 x 3100mAh batteries.

What voltage is the 110V exactly? In my test it is 107V and only 50Hz

Hi HKJ, I just receive 4 panasonic 18650 3100, all comes in 3,16v put all four in the charger at 2:25pm full charged at 8:40pm cutting charge at 4,19v using the 12volts DC connection with a external power supply.

I check the AC voltaje and is 109v 60hz

The next time I will use the AC connection to charge all four to test the charge time.

I think too that the old 4 batteries that I charge the first time had a high internal resistence.

SFMI4UT

sspc

Newly Enlightened
Hi HKJ, I just receive 4 panasonic 18650 3100, all comes in 3,16v put all four in the charger at 2:25pm full charged at 8:40pm cutting charge at 4,19v using the 12volts DC connection with a external power supply.
Were these batts old/used? My understanding was that new Li-on batts would measure around 3.6v when new/before charged up.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I check the AC voltaje and is 109v 60hz

The next time I will use the AC connection to charge all four to test the charge time.

I think too that the old 4 batteries that I charge the first time had a high internal resistence.

SFMI4UT

Is this with the old V1 charger or the new V2 charger?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
Any try their D-Cell nihm's in this? If they fit that means a Fenix TK70 maybe in my future ;)

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi.

Should the battery`s be put in the charger before plugging it in or after, as it charges at 750ma for two and 375ma for four, because if you are charging four, and start putting the battery`s in after the charger has powered up, will it not confuse the charger?

Thanks

John.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi.

Should the battery`s be put in the charger before plugging it in or after, as it charges at 750ma for two and 375ma for four, because if you are charging four, and start putting the battery`s in after the charger has powered up, will it not confuse the charger?

Either way, the charger is checking both slots all the time and will change charge current as needed.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if you start charging two battery`s , they charger at up to 750ma, and then a few minutes later add two more, the charger will drop the two charging at 750ma to 375ma, so all four will be charging at 375ma.

Thanks

John.

Either way, the charger is checking both slots all the time and will change charge current as needed.

Bigpal

Enlightened
Hello all,
I have this charger and am happy with it. The manual does warn about charging a single battery (aaa or 10440). Here is the actual literature if anyone would like to take a look. Cheers.

d0a6ee71.jpg

990a570f.jpg

b52e1106.jpg

d1ff871e.jpg