JetBeam Jet-II MK3

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the size comparison shot nanotech17 !

So am I! I just love the size and design, looks like I gotta spend more money:whistle::sssh:
Yeah,it's a spend, spend, world we live in :party:BTW I may get some trits in those slots around the battery tube,just to spend some more,and jazz it up a little lol.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes it works as advertised.
the daily mode consist of 3 modes and have a memory function if you ON it for more than 2 seconds ( low-strobe-hi)
but the advanced mode don't have a memory function,one you OFF it it will go to turbo mode by default.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes it works as advertised.
the daily mode consist of 3 modes and have a memory function if you ON it for more than 2 seconds ( low-strobe-hi)
but the advanced mode don't have a memory function,one you OFF it it will go to turbo mode by default.
Thanks'I like daily mode set to low for indoors at night,I will use advance when I work in someones fuse box,I can ramp the light to suit the cond,and then when walking the dog at night I have the tubo set at default..perfecto :twothumbs BTW mine has shipped.:laughing:
I use this set up to turn my lights into work lights shown with the fenix P3D.
dog125-1.jpg

Last edited:

curry__muncha

Newly Enlightened
ahh cheers for that. Totally forgot about the dealer's corner , lol. Caught up in manufacturere's corner with nitecore and all XD lol. thanks again.

Well, that Jet-II certainly looks VERY VERY enticing XD. thats it.. i cant resist.

myk

Enlightened
got mine just now, after searching high and low for a CR123 (i'm out! what the hell), tried it for a few minutes

is it nice? yeah. Am I impressed? No. I don't think the light is worth $80 ($78 shipped from bugoutgear). It's definately not as cool looking as the original pix that we got of it (and that were on the page when I placed my order....)

it doesn't tailstand out of the box, you need to replace the clickie cover with the orange one to do so

the regulator is noisy when on low - high pitched electronic whine if you will

feels nice in the hand - but would have made a nicer 2xCR123/1x18650 in my opinion, or 2xAA

if i had played with one before buying - i would have just waited and picked one up for $50 on B/S/T in a few months instead

Jay T

Enlightened
Well mine arrived today. First impression, very well made. It makes my Fenixes (Fenixi) look rather cheap. I like the style.

About the beam, It sends out a bright spot, just as I expected. For any short distance work the small bright spot would make it a poor choice, but, this light's role is as a pocket thrower.

About the UI. Oops, I just went into advanced mode again, now I have to tap the button 11 or so times then shut it off within 2 seconds to get back to basic mode. Yea sure in the advanced mode you can set it up so that it comes on at on at 1 of 10 brightness settings or whatever flashing mode you want, but, then to change from that one mode you have to tap the button a dozen times to find the other mode. I'll stick to basic.

As for brightness, yep the spot is bright. They claim 200+ lumens. Here are some beamshots.

All shot with a Canon A650. Manual mode, ISO 80, F4, .5 Sec, Cloudy WB.

First up the Jet

ResizeofJet.jpg

Next a BOG Premium+ Claimed 170 Lumen

ResizeofBogpp.jpg

Next a pelican 7060 claimed 130 lumens

ResizeofPeli.jpg

The Novatac EDC 120

ResizeofNova120.jpg

And a Fenix P2D Rebel 100 Claimed lumens 175
ResizeofP2DR100.jpg

Last edited:

RobStar

Newly Enlightened
Yikes, why does it seem like the least powerful of the bunch ... I have one on route this week... I'll compare to my Novatac 120T and L2D Q5..

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes, why does it seem like the least powerful of the bunch ... I have one on route this week... I'll compare to my Novatac 120T and L2D Q5..
I see it different bottom of the list comes the novatac next the P2D R100 I guess everyone will see it different,but you are right the Jet3in this shoot out seems very dim to other beamshots I have seen.

:eek: and yes I too have one on the way?

EDIT:I'm just hoping my jet3 is putting out at least 10 lumens as this one clearly is not.:lolsign:

Last edited:

curry__muncha

Newly Enlightened
Yep that was on max. In a bathroom ceiling bounce test the P2D R100 clearly beat it, 200+ Lumens, yea sure.

hmm yeah. seems barely even 150 lumens. :sick2:

say, what battery were u running? was it a 3.0Volt or 3.7volt?

EDIT:

Ernsanda managed to sneak in a post. i see. lol

Nice pics! :thumbsup: looks nice!..

Thanks for the review as well! =D

Last edited: