Jetbeam Mini-1

Blackbeard

Enlightened
I have a lot of 10180 lights and you should definitely get more than 14 weeks of life out of the batteries. I'd order a couple of new batteries from a reputable supplier and you should see a big difference in performance.

haven't seen too many, batteryjunction has an oem but its like $4.50+shipping, not sure I want to trust another jetbeam battery, maybe I can go up in mah to another brand any recommendations would be appreciated

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yeah, they're not cheap for such small batteries. But then if someone even owns a 10180 light they're already not your usual flashlight user.

Tell ya what, I must have about 30 of these little 10180 batteries. I can't possibly use them all, but I have a lot of small lights and it seems the previous owner always threw in a few batteries. If you want PM me your address and I'll send you a few.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Enlightened
Yeah, they're not cheap for such small batteries. But then if someone even owns a 10180 light they're already not your usual flashlight user.

Tell ya what, I must have about 30 of these little 10180 batteries. I can't possibly use them all, but I have a lot of small lights and it seems the previous owner always threw in a few batteries. If you want PM me your address and I'll send you a few.

Wow, that would be really nice of you. :twothumbs
Will give me the chance to see if it is just the battery at fault or if the light itself is causing problems. I really appreciate it, will PM you my address, thanks again.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
You're welcome, and PM received.

Glad to help out a fellow CPF bro. Let me know how they work out. Trying to figure out these battery-flashlight interactions can be a challenge for sure.

Until I got I got into flashlights several years ago, I didn't realize how many battery issues could be mechanical (e.g., button vs. flat top) rather than electrical. Not saying yours is, but I remember the first time I had a flat top cell that wouldn't work, but my voltmeter said the battery was ok, so I started checking the battery compartment and finally realized (I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes) that it wasn't making contact. Then I learned from hanging out here that the flat top cells are usually used in battery packs as they're better for soldering.

Anyway, I ramble on, but playing with all these flashlights and hanging out here has been quite an education in a way I couldn't have predicted.

Last edited: