JetBeam RRT-0 Raptor review

palomino77

Newly Enlightened
Me too please 'cause I plan on getting one of these.

Thanks guys

George

And me.:sold:
If you wait for the perfect light, you're never going to get it, because what is perfect for one guy is not for another. For example the clip, I don't want some screws or screw hole when I take it off. Like the nitecore.:shakehead

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light captivates me.

I've always wanted a JetBeam and I think this could be the one...

The discussion ended sort of quickly here... comparisons to other lights?
:popcorn:

pipspeak

Enlightened
If not for the size I'd be all over this. But for a single 123 or single AA it's just way too big IMO, fancy UI or not.

NewTech

Newly Enlightened
I have compared it to some other lights here. The text is in Danish, but it is not about the RRT-0 anyway.

Thanks HKJ. Your works are the best comparison for EDCs.
It appears that Jetbeam RRT-0 is a winner on both output+throw.
I still wait for jetbeam improves the clip on RRT-0.

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I purchased my first Jet Light and this is the one. I look forward to this little light as I need an every day carry on my belt, just need a pouch of some sort.

Interesting review with really good pictures, Thanks.

:thumbsup:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
If not for the size I'd be all over this. But for a single 123 or single AA it's just way too big IMO, fancy UI or not.
Interesting--it is a bit bigger than some of the closest competitors, but it doesn't seem overly large. I think that the high output and excellent reflector may make up for this to some degree. Especially in thinking about newer lights like the Icon Modus, this seems to be a good size for a pocketable-but-not-keychainable EDC. For my pocket I tend to insist on AAA lights (or smaller!), but I just received a MiNi Quark 123... and we shall see...

I have compared it to some other lights here. The text is in Danish, but it is not about the RRT-0 anyway.
HKJ I am truly grateful. You always contribute to the art and science of flashaholism! Awesome comparison. As usual, I also would love to ask your more subjective thoughts: which AA (of those compared, and even beyond...) do you love the most and reach for the most? (Of course there is no such thing as "best", but there is a "best loved"... or at least a few favorites...). Does the RRT-0 fall into that category?

Thanks HKJ. Your works are the best comparison for EDCs.
It appears that Jetbeam RRT-0 is a winner on both output+throw.
I still wait for jetbeam improves the clip on RRT-0.
+1
+1
+/-1--I might still go for it sans clip!
lovecpf

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, it's bigger than many single 123 lights but it also has some advantages like the simple UI (to me, it's not fancy at all but very simple) AND the super low mode.
Plus, it IS a damn good looking light.

GEorge

HKJ

Flashaholic
IAs usual, I also would love to ask your more subjective thoughts: which AA (of those compared, and even beyond...) do you love the most and reach for the most? (Of course there is no such thing as "best", but there is a "best loved"... or at least a few favorites...). Does the RRT-0 fall into that category?

With all the flashlight I have, even the best lights do not get that much use. I love the ring selection on the RRT lights, but have been missing a low on the lights, this has been fixed on the RRT-0 it has a "low". I probably has been one of my most used light around the house, since I got it and it will br one of my EDC lights, when I am finished with my review of it.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for this informative review! :cool:

To avoid too much ugly Cree rings, I buy every light which shouldn't be a dedicated thrower with an OP reflector.

I was too dumb to add the AA extender when I ordered, my light hasn't shipped yet as it currently is on back-order, so I try to get the extender in that parcel, I'll run it on a 14500 and can use Alkalines if I have too.

All Jetbeam lights I own are very high quality and definetely worth a buy. I bet I'll like the little Raptor! :wave:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Does anyone have a size picture alongside some well known lights - Novatac, Surefire E1_ in particular?

I do not have a picture with the above lights, but with some other lights:
DSC_9745.jpg

parnell

Newly Enlightened
Christoph,
Your solution works great. :thanks:

There are now a few different pictures with the clip installed here. We know that this light is a great light. For those willing to make an $8.00 addition, the light becomes perfect IMO.

Przemo(c)

Newly Enlightened
It's not only to refresh the thread...
I've got serious question here. Is that light dunkable? By dunkable I mean can you dunk out this light into 1 meter deep water without worrying that something goes wrong? I'm using Fenix TK10 as my EDC now and it performs great wether I put it into my fish tank to help me clean it or I put it onto my drain hatch to check out the rain pump and dunk it into water to check that nothing stuck in there. That selector ring in RRT-0 is a bit worrying to me as Fenix's build is a bit simplier...
I'd love to hear what your experiences are like with water resistancy... Somewhere on this forum I've read that IPX-8 standard is in fact very flexible in it's essence and depends on manufacturer's approach. Well, that's a bit worryhing as to RRt-0 with it's selector ring, unless it's kind of magnetic ring or so and has nothing to do with overall waterproofness of that light.

Last edited:

andrewnewman

Enlightened
As far as dunkability is concerned, don't worry too much. The light is sealed and rated similarly to the Fenix. I have done underwater runtime tests with mine and had no ill effects. The selector ring works with a permanent magnet embedded in the ring. There are no openings associated with it at all.

Beampower

Newly Enlightened
Well Done!! a Very Concise and Interesting review. I have had this light a couple of weeks now,and i would say this comes close to the Nitecore Xtreme R2 in brightness, overall a very versatile light,however i have a small negative point that i identified. One aspect, i particularly use in this light, is the low level,but after several attempt to tailcap for low light, it wobbles like a weeble, much to my annoyance!! It looks like the tailcap is protruding slightly, so the light can not sit flush on a surface. Otherwise 9/10 for this little Wonder!! Cheers Howard. :thumbsup:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to be my next light!

Will this run at all on primary AA ? If so, how well/badly

BeeMan458

Banned

(Got my version in this Saturday from BugOut: 03APR10.)

Just as encouragement, it's a heck of a light for such a little thing. Fits the pocket very nicely, is well built, looks great, has a smooth powerful beam, has an easily accessible intensity adjustment ring (UI) and with the supplied tail extender, takes common drugstore AA's.

What can I say, it's an amazing little light.

Did that help?

:devil:

(Don't know how well it behaves on double-A's as I have a boatload of CR123's.)

(And FWIW, my version has no trouble tail-standing, so that niggle must have been fixed.)

Last edited:

bthrel

Newly Enlightened

Will this run at all on primary AA ? If so, how well/badly

I love mine, its my primary EDC, runs well on all AA's (Alkaline, NiCd, NiMh, L91's and the new NiZn's that are 1.6v as well as 14500's). Although I never use the alkalines, I have noted that they are not as bright when I tested them. I use it in the AA configuraion about 1/2 the time. YMMV :thumbsup:

Enjoy

Brian

P.S. It tail stands just fine...

Last edited: