Jmpaul320 OTF Lumen Sphere Readings & throw measurements!

Capolini

Banned
whatever you do, don't start collecting guns or watches. I had over 260 guns and tens of thousands of dollars in watches. then again, I think it's a vicious cycle. you wean off of one vice and pick up another

260 GUNS! :eek: OMG! :eek: IT IS A VICIOUS CYCLE CALLED ADDICTION. I had other ones years ago!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I had 15 guns at one point and over 10,000 rounds of all calibers combine at one point...Don't ever go that route...Burns money like crazy!!!

Right now I am just in to lights and cars. Lights I get to enjoy as I sell. Car's I cant afford to buy more than one so LOL

lumentia

Enlightened
I had 15 guns at one point and over 10,000 rounds of all calibers combine at one point...Don't ever go that route...Burns money like crazy!!!

Right now I am just in to lights and cars. Lights I get to enjoy as I sell. Car's I cant afford to buy more than one so LOL
guns and ammo are a decent investment if you buy right...they hold their value well I've found

MaxBeam

Enlightened
Hey guys I have an important announcement:

A change is in order and it is time for me to personally move on from this hobby... maybe not move on completely - but a big change needs to happen. I have really just been slowly losing interest over the last 6 months or so and I really feel the need to simplify my collection and move on from testing lights. I sold around $2000 worth of lights last October... I thought I would end up reinvesting the $ in newer lights but I just seemed to lose interest.

Don't worry! I am working out a deal with vinh to sell him my sphere so that he may take over testing. I will help him get it set up and everything so yall get your lumen fix! :)

I still plan on visiting the forum and chatting with everyone here as I have made some great friends. Who knows, maybe in the future a light will really tickle my fancy and I might get back into things.

I will be putting up a bunch of discounted lights for sale soon if anyone is interested (you can shoot me a PM if you like or just wait for a WTS thread to go up in the marketplace) X60mvn loaded, mm15vn, s6330vn, c22cvn quad, d40avn to name a few... oh yeah and I have a TON of brand new batteries. :) My goal is to get down to 5 lights or less!

Not sure where I will go from here... maybe I will get back into cars or something else... but I have had so much fun with flashlights over the last 3 years and I have met some great people :)

Thanks for all you've done Justin. You've been tremendous help to all of us.
Your tests helped me make up my mind on quite a few lights.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I cant believe the flood of emails and PMs asking to own pieces of my collection!

I thought I was going to struggle to sell stuff... you guys are nuts! keep it up! LOL

What lights am I going to be left with?! Who knows haha.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I cant believe the flood of emails and PMs asking to own pieces of my collection!

I thought I was going to struggle to sell stuff... you guys are nuts! keep it up! LOL

What lights am I going to be left with?! Who knows haha.

Hopefully in 6 months u r like I miss lights. Let's get a fee more ;-)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully in 6 months u r like I miss lights. Let's get a fee more ;-)

I am not walking away from the hobby completely - just drastically simplifying my collection. I have 1-2 very rare things and 1 or 2 lights I use all the time that I will be keeping for sure.

If a light comes out that interests me I might buy it :)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
They hold most of their value but they still rarely appreciate..

Correct, except ammo can appreciate whenever there is talk of increased gun & ammo restrictions. That is as long as you aren't one of the panic buyers during high market prices.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take care, Justin. Thank you for all of the hard work you've done here. It has really helped out the community in a big way.

Severus

Enlightened
I dont think we are getting anywere so lets get back to flashlights [emoji1]

Last edited by a moderator:

Capolini

Banned
I WILL SAY IT. Don't you guys have any respect for Jmpaul???

He has helped a lot of people and spent a lot of time doing it. Now your turning his thread into a discussion about GUNS and politics! RIDICULOUS!:shakehead

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jmpaul320 OTF Lumen Sphere Readings & throw measurements!

I WILL SAY IT. Don't you guys have any respect for Jmpaul???

He has helped a lot of people and spent a lot of time doing it. Now your turning his thread into a discussion about GUNS and politics! RIDICULOUS!:shakehead

I deleted my post because I did not want to offend anyone. Things went a bit off topic and political. Lots of passionate things that many people have great ideas and opinions about but that can easily lead to arguements and misunderstandings. I have the upmost respect for anyone's opinion on these matters but this isn't the forum to discuss them.

Last edited:

Severus

Enlightened

I deleted my post because I did not want to offend anyone. Things went a bit off topic and political. Lots of passionate things that many people have great ideas and opinions about but that can easily lead to arguements and misunderstandings. I have the upmost respect for anyone's opinion on these matters but this isn't the forum to discuss them.
Great ideas like the Microbluebear, that lead to many arguments.....lol

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great ideas like the Microbluebear, that lead to many arguments.....lol

Microbluebear was never a good idea lol... Which is why they are Acebeam now haha.