July 2011 - Flashlights you have bought this month?

ericjohn

Enlightened
With the heat driven thunderstorms we have been having in Louisiana, power outages are almost a daily thing. They don't last that long though and they happen in the day time, so I don't get to use my flashlights that much. It's also miserable to have a power outage at night in the Louisiana summertime heat.

If needed though I would pull out my EDC, my Mini Maglite LED.

neilgx

Newly Enlightened
Received an Elektro Lumens Fire Sword V as a gift from the company I work for, probably won't use this one much. Wish they would have given us something we can actually use often.

Bought an XL100 to replace my previous edc light (an el-cheapo 2AA modded to hold 3 x CR123 and a 6D MagLite bulb). I really like the UI on this light.

Just bought (battery is still charging) a Zebralight SC60w to replace the 1 week old XL100 (didn't like the light coming from it). I was playing with the other lights on display when the clerk came from the store room and said that I may like this one better. He popped in a battery and turned it on. Immediately I knew this was the light for me. The light coming from this device is beautiful and has an easy to use UI. Sadly I went there to check out the HDS Rotarys but liked the Zebra better. Maybe when the HDS becomes available with a high cri led I'll get it.

I do have a Fenix E01 on order as well as some parts to mod a couple of Mini Mags.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Hi Neil:welcome: Sounds like you have a nice collection of lights already, you'll fit in well here.
Norm

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up a SolarForce L2T with single-mode XM-L drop-in. Probably looking at an L2M body to try it with later.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
TNC Titanium P60 18650 host.
2dc64f40.jpg

Mine will have a different tailcap and should be here on Monday.

Last edited:

neilgx

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Norm.

Now knowing there is a store that close by, my collection will probably grow a little quicker. It was really nice to see almost every flashlight mentioned on the forums on a display for me to play with. :drool: Too bad I can't buy all of them.

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD01, but I'm thinking that it is a bit too small for EDC, even compared to my Maratac AA's because I have trouble finding it in my pocket amongst my keys, etc. Wouldn't make a bad key chain light, but I don't like having extra stuff on my key ring. It is fairly waterproof though, I've managed to run it through the washer twice already and it hasn't leaked so far.

I also purchased a couple of Maratac Extreme AA lights(the one with the tail cap switch) to keep in the door pockets in my truck while I was ordering other stuff from CC, but I haven't received them yet.

Also bought a small pile of Eneloops to attempt to save money on batteries in the long run.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Just bought a Surefire R60 Lamp Assembly on ebay für 2.90 €. seller claims it's new and he seems very reliable :) I never expected to be the only bidder since a new P60 costs like 20€.

sassaquin

Enlightened
My favorite purchase recently is a Peak Logan (keychain) QTC in SS with Moddoo clip from Overready. Amazing build and a surprisingly pleasing tint. The QTC takes some getting used to, but once I got the feel for it, it seems very natural. Although, I can't get the low as low as I would like. hopefully, the QTC pill needs more breaking in.
After eyeing EagleTac for a while, I couldn't resist the T10C on sale for $29. I was so impressed, I ordered the unusual looking PN20A AAA keychain model. Overall, I am very happy with both lights and find the quality a notch above most other Chinese made lights.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK60, I love my big lights. I gave my P7 modded mag away to a friend and needed a new light to sit next to the drivers seat. It should be here tomorrow.

Gilfner

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered :paypal: a Zebralight SC51, because of the positive reviews here. Thx! My wife is going to kill me.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
I just ordered :paypal: a Zebralight SC51, because of the positive reviews here. Thx! My wife is going to kill me.
:welcome:
If this is your first expensive light, she has no reason to kill you. It might take a long time (can be months if you're unlucky) but one day she will see that it's very handy to have a good light.
Now if you keep buying more and more lights, yes, she might act like this :rant: or like this :twak:

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
I joined this forum becuase I wanted a small EDC light, and a larger more powerful one when I know I will be outside in the dark.

Ordered a Martac AAA for the small light, received it yesterday, and its amazing. Its as bright as my surefire 6p (although the surefire's batteries are not brand new).

Then about 30 seconds ago, I put an order in for a Zebralight SC51, to give me a bit more throw, and better run-times than the Martac.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 Malkoff M31W in a VME head on a 1 x CR123a body with a Judco switch and an extra 2 x AA Little Twisty tube.

...and 1 SureFire E1B BK 110 lumen model.

The Marketplace is killin' me.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been good this month... I've been trying not to spend any money on myself, but I did buy a Peak Logan brass, although I'm still waiting for it to come in... Just because I didn't have any brass lights... :D I know...

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Surefire LX2, A2L, 2xL1's, Thrunite 1a

That's a cool looking watch. What is it?