Just Ruined $500 Microfire Flashlight Need Help

kwkarth

Enlightened
Up until now I've been 100% in YOUR corner. Microfire comes off as the "bad guy" with 4 sevens somewhere in between.

Now I feel for 4 sevens.

If you're satisfied with the light you are and should drop it.

If you're NOT you don't ASK 4 sevens anything. You TELL them the light is defective because it has a loose pill.

You learned your lesson the last time and don't dare do ANYTHING to void your warranty.

Now you would like to return your light for a full refund because it is defective.

When you ASK for half measures you usually get them IME.
+1 What recDNA said.

KD7EIR

Newly Enlightened
Geez. No one has been more in your corner during this escapade than myself.

Now, I have no option but to retract what I have said about 4Sevens as you seem to just want to play games.

You bought a light, it was defective. 4Sevens as the dealer, or Microfire as the manufacturer, should have manned up and taken care of that. They did not. I will give you that.

But now you have bought a second identical light, and are upset that it has the same issues. Either accept the light with it's (now known to you) shortcomings, or buy something else. It's not fair to 4Sevens to keep up this charade - make a decision and stick with it.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Geez. No one has been more in your corner during this escapade than myself.

Now, I have no option but to retract what I have said about 4Sevens as you seem to just want to play games.

You bought a light, it was defective. 4Sevens as the dealer, or Microfire as the manufacturer, should have manned up and taken care of that. They did not. I will give you that.

But now you have bought a second identical light, and are upset that it has the same issues. Either accept the light with it's (now known to you) shortcomings, or buy something else. It's not fair to 4Sevens to keep up this charade - make a decision and stick with it.

He bought it before the second one broke if I'm not mistaken.

KD7EIR

Newly Enlightened
I read this as indicating that he discussed the defective light at the same time that he was ordering the 2nd one. Perhaps I read wrong.

Yes, I am extremely conflicted, because I love this light. In fact, I just took advantage of a sale that 47's is having and ordered another one. However, when I talked with them, they were clear that the manufacturer does not do out of warranty repairs.

I appreciate the help guy's and will try to put together some pictures tomorrow, so please stay tuned, and I will update this thread when I have the pics.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I read this as indicating that he discussed the defective light at the same time that he was ordering the 2nd one. Perhaps I read wrong.

I stand corrected. Thanks. Better to look it up than work from a demented memory! LOL

Bottom line is we agree. Blank or get off the blank if you know what I mean!

Free

Enlightened
Wow!! you guy's are really harsh. I ordered the second light, before I took the first one apart to see what the rattle was. I was expecting the second light to not have the rattle.

I was hoping for an explanation, like, the pill is loose because it allows heat to flow around it or something.

I really don't understand why you guy's are slamming me, I haven't manufactured, sold, or failed to repair a flashlight. All I have done is spent my hard earned dollars hoping to get the best possible light, and have commented on the quality of the beam of this light being second to none, and you don't understand how I am conflicted?

I have also been very polite, have not gotten angry, have not dissed anyone (as many of you have) I have actually stuck up for 47's, and Microfire (complimenting them on the quality of the beam of the L500R). I am very confused at the hostility.

bodhran

Enlightened
I know from personal experience that if a problems is 47's fault, they will go above and beyond to make it right. In this case it was an older flashlight and the warranty was voided. They did refer him to this site which does have knowlegable folks who can help him out. I think some are being unfair to 47's.

Tiantang78

Newly Enlightened
Man ..i cant believe this saga still continues ... where possible its goods to remain objective and look at the facts, placing judgements on 7777's or even microfire without solid proof is no more than speculation ...

I feel a bit weird reading this and seeing peoples responses (some harsh and some more tolerable) yet i feel we have only heard one side of the story directly, i think given the level of public discussion it would be unfair to continue speculating without receiving a comment or statement from 7777's ...
IMHO the last thing we want to do is create a dissention within ourselves ... especially where that could mean unfairly tarnishing someones name ...

Last edited:

Free

Enlightened
I can understand why 47's wants to stay out of this thread. I have heard back from them and they only charge a restocking fee on Polarion lights. So, as long as the light being returned is within the 30 day window, and in new condition, it can be returned without a restocking fee.

The L500R light engine is not epoxied into the body, so there is some movement on all the lights, which you can feel if you shake the light. So, this is a Microfire design, and unless you are bothered by a slight rattle, it is not a problem.

I do not fault 47's for sticking with their policies, and not taking on the liability of repairing the light. In today's litigious society, I can certainly understand their position. I would have liked it if Microfire stood behind their product with an out of warranty repair, which would make an otherwise excellent light a safer purchase.

I think it is probably a good time to close this thread.

Last edited:

Greg G

Enlightened
How does the heat from the emitters get to the flashlight body? It doesn't look like they are heatsinked very well, unless there are more parts that aren't in the picture.

P1010004%20(Small).JPG

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I can understand why 47's wants to stay out of this thread. I have heard back from them and they only charge a restocking fee on Polarion lights. So, as long as the light being returned is within the 30 day window, and in new condition, it can be returned without a restocking fee.....

Cool you are covered:twothumbs. This is your ticket outta here. There are better ways to spend $500... IMHO.