• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Details and observations:
- No Driver boost. Max boost from factory already.
- Shaved Dome gives best tint ever. Cool white with a good hint of neutral.
- Shaved Dome eliminate 100% donut hole effect from Quad die dome on
- Excellent build quality. Best from Acebeam so far
- All light gets extra thick copper + thermal pads heat sink + All Springs upgrad

K60vn Shaved Dome Video Click Here

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am very impressed with the light. IMO It gives the TK75vn KT a run for it's money... From a practical standpoint It looks brighter for sure. The throw looks about equal as I remember it. None to test side by side at the moment. Light is also boost to the max from the factory so we will have 100% driver reliability as would from the factory! That's a big plus!

For $210 or $30 over the factory light I think it's an excellent deal. You get much improve heat sinking for both the light and the driver. The shaved dome clean up the beam perfectly while improving both tint and throw.

Playing with the light the last couple of days now I think it really is a must have...regardless of its price advantage over it's competitors too.

Last edited:

Hammerdown

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Capo the video Def shows light to be bright still think I'm gonna go with the none shaved model

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why the heck would they use an orange-peel reflector for what is clearly a very large monster thrower? Strange...

Did you shave the dome because you can't dedome a quad or for some other reason?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why the heck would they use an orange-peel reflector for what is clearly a very large monster thrower? Strange...

Did you shave the dome because you can't dedome a quad or for some other reason?

its to smooth out the beam because of the donut hole the quad die led produces

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
There are no boost. Shaved dome will be less bright than dome on. However IMO shaved dome the way to go for the reason I mentioned above.

OP reflector is a must for XHP. Even with an OP reflector the dome on still have a hint of donut hole

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just realized that the beam shots doesn't really show that the shaved dome clearly out throw the dome on... Will show beam shots.