Klarus XT1c or Fenix PD22

Bakercountyboy

Newly Enlightened
I cant decide between these two lights. I'm looking to pick one of these up to use while off duty and as a backup light while i'm on duty. There both the same price at goinggear. Which would you guys choose and why?

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
between the two i'd choose the klarus xt1c due to it being brighter and the two-button UI with both buttons on the rear.

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I have the Fenix PD32 and the Klarus XT1C. If you value a tactical strobe, the XT1C has instant access via its dual-button tail cap. The Fenix has mode-memory, which is why I like it as a bed-side light...I can leave it on "low" but give a quick triple-click to get to 'high' in case of a bump in the night. I do not like it for duty use, and I'm not sold on it for carry, as I did accidentally hit the mode button a couple times in practice...If you are on high the light goes straight to 'low', which isn't great tactically. The Klarus still has an easy-to-use multi-mode system, but always comes on on high, and other than the first day I had the light, while still learning how to hold it, I never accidentally switched modes. If you do, turn it off then on again and you are right back to 'high'.

PaleBlueDot

Newly Enlightened
I had the opportunity to sample both these lights in my local outdoor shop. Hands down I would go with the XT1C. The UI is just so convenient. Only thing I did not like about it was that the light body looked more of an olive colour rather than the 'military grey' Klarus says it is. Could have just been an off colour one, but I would rather it come in black.

I would think that the XT1C would be the way to go in your case.

Dlight

Newly Enlightened
Digging up an older thread...

But I am looking at the same two lights and having a hard time deciding between the two!
I like the size of the Fenix, and the clip placement better for pocket carry, but I really like the UI of the Klarus!

Bakercountryboy, did you go with the Klarus? If so, would you recommend it? Anybody else, please any input would be appreciated!

Dlight

Newly Enlightened
Also, can you use li-ions in the Klarus? I would like the option

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
In theory it won't: "Working Voltage: 1.8-3.2V"
It might. My XT1A has a max working voltage of 1.8 V but it practice it works with 14500 Lio-ons and it even retains all modes but eventually it might fry the light.

Last edited: