Klarus XT20 Review

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I haven't seen anywhere yet is relative size compared to other flashlights. So, if anyone finds it of interest, here are a couple of shots with a ZebraLight SC600 and a Dereelight DBS (both single 18650 battery flashlights compared to two 18650s in the XT20).

110903-088.jpg

110903-089.jpg

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told from Klarus that the different reflectors was a last minute change. Klarus said that the two different reflectors give the XT20 a "more beautiful beam". Klarus forgot to change the manual. It sounds like that in the future Klarus XT20 will offer the two diffferent reflectors set up.

Last edited:

fonaryk

Newly Enlightened
Although new to this addiction I'm already in way too deep!

Thanks for the great review and another dent in my painfully thin wallet.

Personally,I love the design aspect of this light. It should make an excellent addition

to my recently acquired TK-45.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting flashlight! I would like to see a runtime graph of the highest mode. 2hours seems too good to be true, I suspect that it isn't stable for that time?
According to the specifications the 1200lm mode provides more light-hours than the 370lm mode which is a bit strange, because usually the efficiency drops with higher output, but here it's the opposite. However, I am looking forward to a runtime graph.

Last edited:

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
The UI on this torch is simply amazing for a weapon mounted light, very nice design and extremely effective out to 225 yards:

Klarus%20XT20B.jpg

Roswellbliss

Newly Enlightened
I hope this is the best place to post this. I have several XT20's coming and I talked to a representative of Klarus directly in the hopes to shed some light on the smoot/OP reflectors. I was told that the "default" combination is one of each. Individual re-sellers or distributors can special order them with both op or smooth but they must order 50 or more. They seem to think one of each gives the light the best of both worlds. ALSO......the gentleman decided to tease me and told me they have much more in store in the very near future.